Help with Setting up PAAK (Solution found)

Mockey313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E.
Country flag
No. Sold the 2021 Mach-E. Did a reset, keys worked fine. Keys have to be removed by the dealer. Or, reprogram the key. I reprogrammed one of the 2021's keys to work with the 2022.
Sorry. I though we were talking about paak keys. My bad.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I just found a solution to the "Key download failed." For my particular situaton.

You have to set your phone (not the car) to 24 hour mode. Then the download would go through.

Hope this helps others with this problem.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I just found a solution to the "Key download failed." For my particular situaton.

You have to set your phone (not the car) to 24 hour mode. Then the download would go through.

Hope this helps others with this problem.
Like this??? I've never turned on this option on any phone.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help with Setting up PAAK (Solution found) Screenshot_20230228-123311

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
that is odd, since it should just be a display thing. internally the phone uses UTC plus a timezone offset and UTC is always expressed in 24h time.

when you first said 24h mode, i thought you meant that location had to be shared with ford pass "always" rather than "while using"

OP
OP

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
that is odd, since it should just be a display thing. internally the phone uses UTC plus a timezone offset and UTC is always expressed in 24h time.

when you first said 24h mode, i thought you meant that location had to be shared with ford pass "always" rather than "while using"
This came directly from FORD. I had to escalate my case, and it took Ford 2 months to figure it out and this was their solution. Must be something in their back end.

astrorob

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23MME GTPE, plug-in prius, 99 MBZ C43
Country flag
well it could always be that the app is looking for that toggle to be set one way or another. stranger things have happened.

hedgehog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Select RWD
Yes. I had this problem, and reached out to a contact at Ford. Here is the solution that worked for me.

1) On your phone, delete cache and clear data from the app.
2) Delete app.
3) Reboot phone.
4) Reinstall FordPass.
5) Ensure location settings are set to always allow (I think current version reminds you of this).
6) Ensure background data is enabled.
7) Retry PaaK setup.
BUMP. This needs to be on the top for all the PAAK troubleshoot. I spend the whole night after get my MME trying to get Setup Phone as a Key to work. I have an old Samsung Note 9 running One UI 2.5 & Android 10. My problem was after the initial page of "Getting Started" the FordPass app and after I confirm ID with biometric or password, it kicks me back to the same "Getting Started" page. I tried everything:
1. Force Stop the app
2. Reset on the car (Just the Master Key reset under fordpass connect)
3. Uninstall/reinstall app
4. Turning on all the permissions
5. Turning on/off my Android Auto

Nothing worked. Except when I followed Rick's exact direction. Based on my hours of research and reading dozens of threads on here, this problem should fix:
1. PAAK setup not showing up on the home page of app
2. PAAK stopped working after updates
3. PAAK setup glitch like mine.

The cache and data clearing BEFORE uninstall is the KEY. I think my glitch is due to my impatience of trying to set it up minutes after finalizing the sale, but who knows.

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
Well, I was told by ford corporate to take it to the Ford dealer since my internet connectivity cut out as well. They said it was a module that wasn't working and needed to order a new one. Its been about 3 weeks so Ill let people know if it works if or when it comes in.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
My PAAK stopped working some time this past week also. Door code and password still work thankfully but that password screen is SLOW.

I can also still remote start my car through the FordPass app.

My symptoms (which all point to a bluetooth problem and the app) are that the car does not recognize my phone when I get near it with the welcoming lights, does not recognize my phone as a key to start, and it does not auto lock when I walk away. Bluetooth on my phone works fine with other items. Carplay works fine. The MachE and SYNC still show up in my list of bluetooth devices and my phone still shows up on the list of keys.

I'm wondering what were the main things people have had luck with restoring PAAK? I see it may be a software issue and others saying it's a hardware issue and then some think it's bad data in the apps cash. Any resolutions that worked?
Sponsored