hjp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Mustang, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I cannot imagine my mother a) being able to drive a car with the acceleration like the Mach-E or b) being able to successfully operate and charge the vehicle.

Years ago she was an extra on a TV show, i.e. background couple dancing. She was so excited, set her VCR to record the show. Then she went to watch it and couldn't figure out why it didn't work. After several minutes on the phone, the answer was "You didn't put a tape in the machine"...

I would not want to make a suicidal comment here, but if she insisted on buying an EV, I would sever all ties with her to save my sanity.

I actually got her to buy a Fusion Hybrid in 2017, but that requires no change in anything.

You are a brave soul.
I would say my mom (80) is in the can't do anything electronic on her own (including needing PC/printer/smart phone, etc support most days) but figuring out the plugging in (the how to seat the charger) while its in the garage she managed to get right away. We haven't bought her a Mach-E but were debating it and wanted to make sure she got the idea and could do it. She actually managed the basics of the touchscreen, in particular the heater controls and radio ( to my surprise, but it does remind her of her smartphone). No way would I try to set up PAAK but with the key fob I think she could manage.
Sponsored

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
Congrats, I turned mine down, last year and it was that color with silver interior. My wife really needs to replace her car, so now i'm hunting again. Nothing on the west coast. Wonder if anyone else has something in their neck of the woods. But def would prefer that color combo now, but again nothing on the lot in that config on the West Coast!