Helping out new drivers at the chargers

• Thread starter Deleted member 9461
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Helping New drivers at a Charger

• Total voters

Deleted member 9461

Coming back from camping and we hit a popular charge location. 12 Tesla S/C and one each owned by Shell (former greenlots) Level 2 J connect, CCS/CHADEMO. Lady just bought a Brand new EV with some decent range, she's driving across washington state. we just finished and started to back out when she pulled up to the Level 2....THIS DOSEN'T LOOK RIGHT..... I got out, and asked why she was using that one, where she was going...eastern washington....I just bought the car, dealer said just use plugshare, and you can charge free everywhere.....So got her hooked to like EVERY APP possible, and got her charging. pointed her to some tutorials. Went on our merry way.
post away pilots.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I will help if it doesn't impact my trip. Many new owners with 3 years free charging have no clue.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
I was at an Electrify America, and two clueless people showed up within 5 minutes of each other. One was a BMW 530e (a PHEV), and the other was a Tesla. Both appeared completely lost and unwilling to listen to what I had to say, and the Tesla chap even had the gall to tell me I had no idea what adapters came with the Tesla (as in, it doesn't come with a CHAdeMO to Tesla adapter, because they're $300+ a pop).

Anyway, maybe it's a Chicago thing, but I try not to go out of my way these days to help people.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9461

@kltye I agree with that one, had some hot headed experts on everything...A) I'm older so obviously I don't know anything about technology... B) I'm driving (insert car) so don't know how their EURO-BUILD-ELON-FLUX works...K, call AAA in 30 miles
Sponsored