Here you go Polestar 2 massive problems.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Really bad. There will be big delays coming from polestar. I can't understand the video but there is a lot out there cars just losing control and wrecking also.

https://insideevs.com/news/447089/all-2200-polestar-2-delivered-recalled/
The cars can stop working even while driving.
We have already told you that Polestar 2 cars are stopping in mysterious circumstances. Drivers either get an error message or nothing at all, and their cars stop working. Nothing is able to reboot them, and the vehicles have to be towed for repair. Some are waiting for more than a month. The Swedish publication Dager Industri discovered the reason and that the company will recall all 2,200 units of the Polestar 2 delivered so far.
According to the publication, the cars are presenting software errors that can make them shut down even while driving. Three of the affected Swedish drivers would have experienced the glitch in these circumstances, fortunately with no accidents or injuries reported so far.
Polestar promised to get in touch with InsideEVs as soon as they had information to share, but the company still did not inform about the recall. Yet, Brent Ellis, from Polestar’s PR department, confirmed to Dager Industri that brakes, steering, and other systems still work after the cars stop working, which probably explains why there have been no accidents. The software issue was considered “very safety-critical,” which explains why all Polestar 2 units will have to be recalled.

Sponsored

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Really bad. There will be big delays coming from polestar. I can't understand the video but there is a lot out there cars just losing control and wrecking also.

I did auto captions with auto translation to English, and its seems to be saying:
  • long delays in delivery - some people made a full payment in August, but cars not delivered yet
  • Major software bugs that may not be fixed until January at the earliest
  • 12V batteries discharging to dead regularly
  • Something about Internet connectivity disconnects, maybe?
  • Customer support channels (e-mail and phone) seem to be pretty terrible
  • Fan forums are filling up with complaints

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Double Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Meanwhile....I have 100% faith in the MME. This is NOT Ford's first rodeo with EVs. They learned a ton with earlier electrified models. Ford has a history of excellent power train software. The 7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel engine is generally considered one of the top 2 or 3 diesel engines ever created. The software to run that thing is incredible. In fact there are about 2 dozen reasons why it should have never worked but not only does it work, it is redundant and nearly bullet proof. Several sensors can fail and that engine will still run. I know it's an ICE.....but experience with well written software is in Ford's toolbox for sure.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Well...
Apparently...
It starts.....just doesn't stay running.

:)
we always knew the industry moving to BEVs was a journey. We just didn't know Polestar's journey would be such a start-stop one.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If they would of just put one of these in. They would of never had a problem.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Here you go Polestar 2 massive problems. 1601684144661
Tesla doesn't have an Easy button in their cars. That's old thinking.

oh wait that's a Start button never mind.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I wonder if the butt switch is causing some problems. No Start button in the Polestar. Just a sensor in the drivers seat. Had something similar happen to me while test driving a Tesla Model 3. My wife pulled over so I could get behind the wheel. Car was DOA. Couldn't get it into ready mode afterwards and had to walk back to the Tesla store and tell them where they could find their dead car.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I wonder if the butt switch is causing some problems. No Start button in the Polestar. Just a sensor in the drivers seat. Had something similar happen to me while test driving a Tesla Model 3. My wife pulled over so I could get behind the wheel. Car was DOA. Couldn't get it into ready mode afterwards and had to walk back to the Tesla store and tell them where they could find their dead car.
wait wait wait wait wait

you're saying the Start button has a reason to exist besides "dumb old people being dumb old people"?

INCONCEIVABLE

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

Another short write up at Inside EV.
All 2,200 Polestar 2 Delivered So Far Will Be Recalled
Ford Mustang Mach-E Here you go Polestar 2 massive problems. 1601689003014

Oct 02, 2020 4h ago
+
gustavo-henrique-ruffo1.jpg

By: Gustavo Henrique Ruffo

The cars can stop working even while driving.
We have already told you that Polestar 2 cars are stopping in mysterious circumstances. Drivers either get an error message or nothing at all, and their cars stop working. Nothing is able to reboot them, and the vehicles have to be towed for repair. Some are waiting for more than a month. The Swedish publication Dager Industri discovered the reason and that the company will recall all 2,200 units of the Polestar 2 delivered so far.
According to the publication, the cars are presenting software errors that can make them shut down even while driving. Three of the affected Swedish drivers would have experienced the glitch in these circumstances, fortunately with no accidents or injuries reported so far.
Polestar promised to get in touch with InsideEVs as soon as they had information to share, but the company still did not inform about the recall. Yet, Brent Ellis, from Polestar’s PR department, confirmed to Dager Industri that brakes, steering, and other systems still work after the cars stop working, which probably explains why there have been no accidents. The software issue was considered “very safety-critical,” which explains why all Polestar 2 units will have to be recalled.
While we still have no information on how the recall will be performed or how long it takes to complete, more readers contacted us regarding the issue. One of them was Espen Ekvang, from Sweden.
“Just read your article and I can confirm that also our Polestar 2 – just driven for 400km – experienced the same issue last Monday and got towed to the closest workshop. It is still there.”
Another affected owner was Jean-François Dessambre:

“Here is my testimony: I got delivery of my Polestar 2 in Belgium. It got immobilized after only 998 km and 7 days of use. It has been in repair since September 15. According to the Polestar Space Manager, it is a safety device linking the high voltage and the rear engine. The rear drivetrain is dismantled and they would wait for this part for week 41.”
That makes the software glitch report strange. Either it is a different problem from the one we have already reported, or the Polestar Space got an incorrect assessment on Dessambre’s car. We’ll try to discover which was the case and will either update this article or write a new one to clarify.
Source: Dager Industri

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think Ford is putting so much effort in the Mach-E and the engineers driving them around for a while makes me hopefull that such a major recall won't happen hopefully. :rolleyes:
Sponsored