Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Clone army. Just wait. Possible 30% price drop on M3 and the new $25k Tesla as well a cyber truck and clone army will be at every light.
Sponsored

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
There is no debate that cars are not one of a kind. Itā€™s the ratio thatā€™s the subject of this thread.
I donā€™t know which parts you live in. Here there used to be 1 out 10 cars was a Subaru. Now 1 out of 5 is a Tesla. And since they only have 2 popular models they all look the same.
Pick 2 other cars and do a comparison between the number of each you see .
Don't know where here is, but 20% of vehicles on the road seems far fetched.
Unaware that that many EVs have been sold much less that many Teslas.

Bbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e
Country flag
I donā€™t think the MME will take off like Teslas, but my spouse was off work for a week and when he returned this past Monday there were 3 new MMEs in his office parking lot. Here in the Bay Area Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ll be quite common soon. Ford seems to want to get these on the road fast!

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
1 in 5 cars being Teslas in liberal regions is called tribal groupthink. Much like ā€œElon Musk is evilā€ is groupthink. Humans are for the most part just overgrown versions of middle schoolers wanting to be one of the cool kids. The world is a beautifully nuanced place when not reduced to a series of narrowly conceptualized absolutes.

MY & MME are pretty neck and neck when you consider the recent price drops, the tax credit, the Tesla over-estimation of range as compared to the Ford under-estimation of range, the cool software on one vs the solid build on the other.

There was a time when minivans and Carrollas as were just as prevalent in Suburbia as model 3s and Model Ys are in Seattle today. In parts of Texas parking lots were once 80% F-150s.

Maybe the jump to electric buys us a few more years on the swirling hunk of carbon, provided we donā€™t nuke ourselves. If so, huzzah for Ford and Tesla both. If not, I hope Ford gets into the landable rocket game like Elon. And either he stops tweeting so much or the people who want to end him because of his tweets get over it. Until we solve those major issues, Iā€™m gonna enjoy my 0-60 time on whichever of these cars arrives before the tax credit ends.
And now Tesla just raised prices on the MY !

What a ping pong game Elon does with Teslas!

Glad Ford doesn't play that game...

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag

They also released a standard range version (in inventory, not by order) at about the same as the previous price, but 60 miles less range. Wonder if people will get confused.

YouEeee

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford mustang mach e gt
Country flag
We do have both MY and ME . The reason i bought because of tax credit and use it for a long trip

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag

Sarcasm right?
Ford raised their prices last year, then lowered them when Tesla did. You don't think Ford will raise it again soon?

For the record, I don't blame them. You buy the car because at the time, it was the right decision for you. Don't expect future prices to stay the same.