flamant15

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So I have a MME California Route 1. Two weeks ago I needed to do a longer charge from around 52% back up to 100%. Here is what follows after that charge is completed.
  • Driving the car and get a warning "service vehicle soon" with multiple warning lights
    • Ford Pass App sends me two messages HEV-Hazard and Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
  • Get home and turn off the car, schedule a visit to the dealer for a few days later. Told to turn off the car and back on and if the error goes away I can keep driving it.
  • Turn the car back on and all errors disappeared
  • Next day driving the car with no faults, park, and go into a store
    • come out to the car, turn it on and then the same errors appear + now the car won't go out of park
  • Ford Roadside called and tow truck driver arrives. He is familiar with Tesla's with the same problem. Puts a charger to the battery (not easy) and we wait 15 minutes. Car will still not drive and go out of park. Car towed to dealer (had to engage tow mode to get into neutral).
  • Dealer performs all the tasks from the 12V Battery TSB
  • Pick up car the same day, get home and charge the car
  • Next day, get in the car start driving and things are good. Then about 20 minutes into the drive the same "service vehicle soon" error pops up. I immediately drive the car straight back to the dealership
The car has now been with the dealer for 8 days. They have been working with Ford to no avail and cannot troubleshoot and fix the issue. In addition, the dealership is very non sympathetic and basically it is my fault for buying "the future".

A Ford engineer is now on the way to the dealer sometime this week and they are going to drop the entire big battery out of the car to troubleshoot. If I need a new big battery the cost is $32,000.

I still love the car and I still feel my dealership dislike the car. No end in sight as to when I will get my car back.

That's my story. Would love to know if anybody else is experiencing the same problem.
Sponsored

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
A Ford engineer is now on the way to the dealer sometime this week and they are going to drop the entire big battery out of the car to troubleshoot. If I need a new big battery the cost is $32,000.
$32,000... borne by Ford, right? Ain't no way you should pay that.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
$32,000... borne by Ford, right? Ain't no way you should pay that.
It’s under warranty either way. Let’s wait to see what the Ford engineer finds.

No cost involved for the owner here.

OP
OP
flamant15

flamant15

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Received this picture last night of the battery dropped in preparation for the Ford Engineer.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HEV-Hazard and Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power 1619703385655

The car is under warranty and Ford is covering all the costs.

Are there any other people who have experienced this with their MME? Just trying to better understand what Ford is doing and why the 12V Battery TSB did not work.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Received this picture last night of the battery dropped in preparation for the Ford Engineer.

Ford Mustang Mach-E HEV-Hazard and Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power 1619703385655

Are there any other people who have experienced this with their MME? Just trying to better understand what Ford is doing and why the 12V Battery TSB did not work.
If they replace the battery you will be the second on this Forum
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/turtle-icon-car-won’t-accelerate-past-10-mph.5599/

Ford has been doing a great job taking care of my Mach E issues. I was one of the first to experience the dead 12v battery issue, then my car stuck in Park. They installed a new Primary Drive Unit -- the second most expensive part in the car (to the HVB). If the battery needs replacement Ford will cover it and take care of you.

As for the dealer, it sounds like an anti-EV dealer. Who at the dealership has been so negative? Perhaps it's time to call the owner/GM to find out if they are really behind EVs. If not, there are lots of other dealers in your area to work with.

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag

It's smaller than I expected!

westcoastg8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
Yes, I am the one from the other thread that had this issue. Same situation with HEV and Powertrain fault FordPass messages. Latest from the service department at my dealer is that they will be replacing the high voltage battery within the next week or so.

I've not had the same experience with the dealer being anti-EV but they are certainly unafraid of communicating their inexperience with EVs, which is to be expected. So far, I've felt OK about the overall service experience. They have given me an MME CA Route 1 loaner so at least I'm still driving a Mach E. I am now just waiting for news on when the battery will be replaced and they will return my car.

Sorry that you also had this same issue. Hopefully yours is resolved soon as well.

OP
OP
flamant15

flamant15

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Update: Ford's Engineer found an issue with a few of the cells in the battery. The dealership has ordered new batteries set to arrive on Monday. So it does not look like the entire battery will need to be replaced.

Hopefully I get the car back next week and share the details from the dealership receipt.

1619811318004.png

OP
OP
flamant15

flamant15

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes, I am the one from the other thread that had this issue. Same situation with HEV and Powertrain fault FordPass messages. Latest from the service department at my dealer is that they will be replacing the high voltage battery within the next week or so.

I've not had the same experience with the dealer being anti-EV but they are certainly unafraid of communicating their inexperience with EVs, which is to be expected. So far, I've felt OK about the overall service experience. They have given me an MME CA Route 1 loaner so at least I'm still driving a Mach E. I am now just waiting for news on when the battery will be replaced and they will return my car.

Sorry that you also had this same issue. Hopefully yours is resolved soon as well.
I received a Fusion so no luck for me about still driving a MME.

The dealer might not be anti-EV but they are definitely not pro-EV. If they treat F150 electric customers the same way as me in 2 years, they will push away and alienate customers. All MME drivers are early adopters and willing to be more accepting of issues. However, they have to embrace these new cars since they are the future. Instead they act like this is a marketing trick and these things aren't going to last, and therefore they are a waste of their time. my 2 cents.

OP
OP
flamant15

flamant15

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Update: I got my car back today. They replaced two of the High Voltage battery packs. Here is what they wrote on the service record.

P0AA6:00 HARD FAULT IN BECM
FRONT BATTERIES IN HV BATTERY CONTAINER WERE BAD.
WENT AND CHECKED OVER VEHICLE. RAN FDRS SELF TEST ON ALL
MODULES. FOUND C0AA6:00 HARD FAULT CODE IN BECM. CHECKED
OASIS, NOTHING. CONTACTED HOTLINE ON THIS DTC. THEY CONTACTED
ME AND HAD ME CHECK SOME DATA IN MODULES. ALSO CHECKED
BATTERY HEALTH. THEY HAD ME DRIVE THE VEHICLE AND RECHECK
BATTERY HEALTH TO SEE IF IT CHANGES. PPT R IN WORKSHOP MANUAL
414 03A LEADS TO REPLACING HV BATTERY. ENGINEERS HAD ME
REMOVE THE HV BATTERY. THEY ARE COMING OUT TO INSPECT AND
DECIDE WHAT COURSE OF ACTION TO TAKE ON THIS BATTERY.
THEY SHOWED UP AND FOUND THE BAD ARRAY OF BATTERIES. THEY
ORDERED THE REPLACEMENTS. WE PACKAGED UP THE BAD BATTERY IN
A CRATE. MONDAY, THEY SHOWED UP WITH A NEW BATTERY. INSTALLED
IT IN THE BATTERY HOUSING. BALANCED THE BATTERY VOLTAGES.
RECONNECTED ALL THE BUSS BARS AND BECM. INSTALLED COVER AFTER
PRESSURE TESTING COOLING SYSTEM. SEALED BATTERY COVER, PRESS
TESTED COVER AND SEAL. INSTALLED BATTERY BACK UNDER VEHICLE.
COULD NOT GET ALL THE OTU BOLTS, BACKORDERED. REUSED THEM.
HAND TORQUED EVERYTHING. RECONNECTED ELECTRICAL AND COOLING
HOSES. VACUUM FILLED BOTH COOLING SYSTEMS. CLEARED ALL CODES
TEST DROVE FINE, NO DTCS.

Tmarch

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium X
Occupation
Engagement Manager
Country flag
Going through this same set of issues now. After having a bad TCU, a few days after getting that fix this has cropped up. I just sent my service department the notes from the service order. Ford engineers are currently working on my car.

My dealer has been handling this pretty good for both my issues. On my TCU issue, the dealership GM got involved because there was a bunch of conflicting information coming from Ford, and it still took a few weeks but I was getting regular updates. On this issue, getting the same responsiveness. They did offer me a loaner, but I've got a 3rd vehicle, so I turned it down. Each time I get the car back they detail it and charge it full, which is nice. I've only had to charge it twice at home :)

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I have a MME California Route 1. Two weeks ago I needed to do a longer charge from around 52% back up to 100%. Here is what follows after that charge is completed.
  • Driving the car and get a warning "service vehicle soon" with multiple warning lights
    • Ford Pass App sends me two messages HEV-Hazard and Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power
  • Get home and turn off the car, schedule a visit to the dealer for a few days later. Told to turn off the car and back on and if the error goes away I can keep driving it.
  • Turn the car back on and all errors disappeared
  • Next day driving the car with no faults, park, and go into a store
    • come out to the car, turn it on and then the same errors appear + now the car won't go out of park
  • Ford Roadside called and tow truck driver arrives. He is familiar with Tesla's with the same problem. Puts a charger to the battery (not easy) and we wait 15 minutes. Car will still not drive and go out of park. Car towed to dealer (had to engage tow mode to get into neutral).
  • Dealer performs all the tasks from the 12V Battery TSB
  • Pick up car the same day, get home and charge the car
  • Next day, get in the car start driving and things are good. Then about 20 minutes into the drive the same "service vehicle soon" error pops up. I immediately drive the car straight back to the dealership
The car has now been with the dealer for 8 days. They have been working with Ford to no avail and cannot troubleshoot and fix the issue. In addition, the dealership is very non sympathetic and basically it is my fault for buying "the future".

I still love the car and I still feel my dealership dislike the car. No end in sight as to when I will get my car back.

That's my story. Would love to know if anybody else is experiencing the same problem.
Update: I got my car back today. They replaced two of the High Voltage battery packs. Here is what they wrote on the service record.

P0AA6:00 HARD FAULT IN BECM
FRONT BATTERIES IN HV BATTERY CONTAINER WERE BAD.
WENT AND CHECKED OVER VEHICLE. RAN FDRS SELF TEST ON ALL
MODULES. FOUND C0AA6:00 HARD FAULT CODE IN BECM. CHECKED
OASIS, NOTHING. CONTACTED HOTLINE ON THIS DTC. THEY CONTACTED
ME AND HAD ME CHECK SOME DATA IN MODULES. ALSO CHECKED
BATTERY HEALTH. THEY HAD ME DRIVE THE VEHICLE AND RECHECK
BATTERY HEALTH TO SEE IF IT CHANGES. PPT R IN WORKSHOP MANUAL
414 03A LEADS TO REPLACING HV BATTERY. ENGINEERS HAD ME
REMOVE THE HV BATTERY. THEY ARE COMING OUT TO INSPECT AND
DECIDE WHAT COURSE OF ACTION TO TAKE ON THIS BATTERY.
THEY SHOWED UP AND FOUND THE BAD ARRAY OF BATTERIES. THEY
ORDERED THE REPLACEMENTS. WE PACKAGED UP THE BAD BATTERY IN
A CRATE. MONDAY, THEY SHOWED UP WITH A NEW BATTERY. INSTALLED
IT IN THE BATTERY HOUSING. BALANCED THE BATTERY VOLTAGES.
RECONNECTED ALL THE BUSS BARS AND BECM. INSTALLED COVER AFTER
PRESSURE TESTING COOLING SYSTEM. SEALED BATTERY COVER, PRESS
TESTED COVER AND SEAL. INSTALLED BATTERY BACK UNDER VEHICLE.
COULD NOT GET ALL THE OTU BOLTS, BACKORDERED. REUSED THEM.
HAND TORQUED EVERYTHING. RECONNECTED ELECTRICAL AND COOLING
HOSES. VACUUM FILLED BOTH COOLING SYSTEMS. CLEARED ALL CODES
TEST DROVE FINE, NO DTCS.

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got the same two warnings this morning after driving the car for almost two months. Thank you for sharing your experience as it will help when I go to the dealer first thing Monday AM.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mustang Mach e, Premium AWD,extended range
Occupation
Transportation industry
Country flag
I have same exact issue with our MME(please find my post from earlier today). Our MME is in the shop for second time now and no one seems to know anything about these fully electric vehicles. I am waiting for a ford service engineer to stop by dealership (3-4 weeks out) to diagnose the electrical issues. Thank you for your post as I will pass this information on to the ford dealership that our MME is currently at.

Do you have your MME back since the latest repair attempt? If so how is it performing now?

If you would like to discuss further please send me your contact information in an email to [email protected], and I will contact you.

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I posted on this issue earlier in June (5 June). My MME has been with the dealer since because I had to wait for the qualified Ford Engineers to travel to determine the issues. Parts have been sent and waiting for the engineers to come back to fix the problem. I have been told that my car will be ready later in July. Hope this will fix the problem as my MME has spent two months in my garage, and same amount of time at the dealership.
Sponsored