Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Starting a thread for those of us that have at least 5000 miles behind the wheel so we can give some feedback to Ford or anyone who is interested in buying a Mach-E for themselves. I will do my best to eliminate unnecessary commentary and present the facts. Sometimes things really are black and white, yes or no, good or bad etc. For the most part I have been able to resolve most issues by reading the manual or getting helpful lessons from other forum members so that has been a pleasant surprise. Even so, there are a few items I would like to comment on. So, here we go.......

Things that I have found to be Excellent or Above my expectations:
  1. BLIS
  2. Adaptive Cruise
  3. Lane Keeping Assist
  4. 360 Camera view (very clear) and sensors(very helpful)
  5. Pony Lights (work every time as expected)
  6. Charging Schedule and SOC % limiter
  7. HVAC climate control for FRONT PASSENGERS
  8. Hands Free Liftgate
  9. B&O Sound system
  10. Range 290 miles AWD EX
Things that do not work for me:
  1. Siruis-Song/Artist Alert feature (yes, I have this enabled in the settings)
  2. Navigation-HOV/Car Pool Lane routing. I have this enabled in the settings and it worked BEFORE the OTA but does not work now. :(
  3. Navigation-Distance to next waypoint does not display or count down. (might be a setting.....I don't know...)
Things that work.....but not to my satisfaction/expectations:
  1. FordPass
  2. Phone as a Key
  3. HVAC for REAR PASSENGERS

Overall.....I am very pleased with the vehicle and look forward to my next 5000 miles.
Great job Ford! I think you have raised the bar for what an EV can be. I look forward to future updates and future product models. ?

I don't have an official score but I think it would be right about 96% ish. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hey Ford-Here is my 5000 mile update! 20210423_074954
Sponsored

Last edited:

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Yikes about the rear AC. I used to live in Phoenix. You NEED rear AC to be working correctly for those poor passengers

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
It worked the one time I tried it which was yesterday but that was the free charge day at Electrify America so I haven't properly tested it.

Honestly for me.....I could care less about DCFC charge curves etc because almost never need it and when I do it is just a splash and go. I do understand it is important to other users though so it is a very valid measuring metric for sure.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Yikes about the rear AC. I used to live in Phoenix. You NEED rear AC to be working correctly for those poor passengers
Agreed. I think there should be a separate fan and temp control for them back there. Especially with that glass roof.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I edited my original post to include Range as being excellent.
I am consistently seeing over 300 miles displayed at 100% charge and observed over 285 miles per charge in practice.

Very happy with that. :)

On a related note...
In 7 weeks of driving I have saved about $800 in fuel costs vs a comparable ICE vehicle (Ford Edge).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hey Ford-Here is my 5000 mile update! 20210423_115636

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Starting a thread for those of us that have at least 5000 miles behind the wheel so we can give some feedback to Ford or anyone who is interested in buying a Mach-E for themselves. I will do my best to eliminate unnecessary commentary and present the facts. Sometimes things really are black and white, yes or no, good or bad etc. For the most part I have been able to resolve most issues by reading the manual or getting helpful lessons from other forum members so that has been a pleasant surprise. Even so, there are a few items I would like to comment on. So, here we go.......

Things that I have found to be Excellent or Above my expectations:
  1. BLIS
  2. Adaptive Cruise
  3. Lane Keeping Assist
  4. 360 Camera view (very clear) and sensors(very helpful)
  5. Pony Lights (work every time as expected)
  6. Charging Schedule and SOC % limiter
  7. HVAC climate control for FRONT PASSENGERS
  8. Hands Free Liftgate
  9. B&O Sound system
  10. Range 290 miles AWD EX
Things that do not work for me:
  1. Siruis-Song/Artist Alert feature (yes, I have this enabled in the settings)
  2. Navigation-HOV/Car Pool Lane routing. I have this enabled in the settings and it worked BEFORE the OTA but does not work now. :(
  3. Navigation-Distance to next waypoint does not display or count down. (might be a setting.....I don't know...)
Things that work.....but not to my satisfaction/expectations:
  1. FordPass
  2. Phone as a Key
  3. HVAC for REAR PASSENGERS

Overall.....I am very pleased with the vehicle and look forward to my next 5000 miles.
Great job Ford! I think you have raised the bar for what an EV can be. I look forward to future updates and future product models. ?

I don't have an official score but I think it would be right about 96% ish. :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hey Ford-Here is my 5000 mile update! 20210423_115636
This is a great post, with lots of good information in it. I’m about half way to doing a similar post at 5,000 miles. My only complaint is that one of my biggest pet peeves is people messing about on their phone while driving. I’m a big “If it’s that important, pull over, park, and deal with it. Otherwise, let it wait until you’re stopped and in park.” person. Therefore, I really wish you weren’t going 71 mph when you took that picture. I’m not saying you were wrong to do it, I just wish you hadn’t.

OP
OP
SnBGC

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This is a great post, with lots of good information in it. I’m about half way to doing a similar post at 5,000 miles. My only complaint is that one of my biggest pet peeves is people messing about on their phone while driving. I’m a big “If it’s that important, pull over, park, and deal with it. Otherwise, let it wait until you’re stopped and in park.” person. Therefore, I really wish you weren’t going 71 mph when you took that picture. I’m not saying you were wrong to do it, I just wish you hadn’t.
No argument. You are totally correct.
I wanted the 5000.0 photo but I shouldn't be reckless to do so.
Point taken. ?

On the plus side.....the Trips screen photo was taken at a complete stop because it lags behind my odometer by 20 miles or so. :)

Last edited:

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is my first vehicle with rear air ducts of any kind. ?‍♀ ?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For the rear vents, I've found that air only comes out of them if you have the air direction in the front set to the face vents. If you have it set to Auto, the air seems to come out of the defrost and foot vents, but not the face vents (and therefore not the rear vents). Is that also what you're seeing?

I also noticed that the wheel on the rear vents needs to be all the way to the right for those vents to be open. I don't think that wheel is labeled, so it wasn't clear to me at first which way was open vs. closed.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Heated rear seats are almost mandatory since Ford tells you not to use the climate control system in the winter months. 3-zone climate control is very desirable in a vehicle with a cabin this size.
Sponsored