Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
@Ford Motor Company you’ve been working on Google integration, Meta integration, and Amazon integration. How about showing those of us in the Apple ecosystem a little love and giving us HomeKit integration please? ?
Sponsored

will

First Name
Not Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ridgeline RTL-T, 2022 MME Prem Ext Rwd
Country flag
I would take just opening up the Ford app to allow some interaction with Siri via the Shortcuts app.... may already exist as is, I don't have a car yet.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I have some of the Mustang Mach e controls in HomeKit using home assistant as a bridge already.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have some of the Mustang Mach e controls in HomeKit using home assistant as a bridge already.
you can control things like vehicle temperate and start time from HomeKit? You have the Mustang Mach E showing up as a device in your home?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
you can control things like vehicle temperate and start time from HomeKit? You have the Mustang Mach E showing up as a device in your home?
I can lock/ unlock, switch it on/ off and get notifications on If the door unlock. I haven't added anything else. I am unsure if more can be added.

RyanSD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
I’m a huge fan of HomeAssistant where the Ford developers have missed the target.

I use NFC tags (which most phones are able to read) to run HomeAssistant “routines” that get my MME ready when I’m done with work for the day.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hey Ford, HomeKit Please! DE1BDE81-64D0-41EE-B2E0-6EAFBA16DA05

(Ignore the empty garage. Car is here at the office with me.)

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
@Jimrpa Take a look at this page. It’s not quite HomeKit, but it does let Siri control your car.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hey Ford, HomeKit Please! DE1BDE81-64D0-41EE-B2E0-6EAFBA16DA05

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fordpass-siri-shortcuts.8200/
Right. I remember seeing this a while back and it’s great. There’s only a limited number of features/functions exposed, and it’s not really “plug and play” HomeKit. It requires some in-depth technical knowledge to implement that, and there is at least one undocumented thing being used (the “token”) which could change or be rendered inaccessible at any time

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Right. I remember seeing this a while back and it’s great. There’s only a limited number of features/functions exposed, and it’s not really “plug and play” HomeKit. It requires some in-depth technical knowledge to implement that, and there is at least one undocumented thing being used (the “token”) which could change or be rendered inaccessible at any time
Oh for sure. I have never delved into shortcuts at this level, but I’ve had fun playing with it. I built a whole logic to check if the car is charging, done, or not plugged in, and when it will be done.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’m a huge fan of HomeAssistant where the Ford developers have missed the target.

I use NFC tags (which most phones are able to read) to run HomeAssistant “routines” that get my MME ready when I’m done with work for the day.

(Ignore the empty garage. Car is here at the office with me.)
HomeAssistant looks cool, but again doesn’t really provide access to vehicle features and requires a degree of technical knowledge most users may not have.
for example, instead of preconditioning to a fixed schedule, “Hey Siri, warm the car up” when i’m getting ready to leave. (Yes, I know pulling out the app and clicking the remote start button can achieve the same thing, but perhaps there are other things as well.)

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
The other option is HomeBridge. It may be a little much to setup, but it’s not bad. You can set it up to run on a Mac or a raspberry Pi. Then install the FordPass. Plug-in. It will add the car as a device in Home Kit. I have home bridge running my lights and TVs right now.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Using the home assistant as a bridge is not straight forward. It is not hard but does require low level technical knowledge.
Here is a hot to install link https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/raspberrypi/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hey Ford, HomeKit Please! image
So, over 20 years ago, I abandoned the PC platform at home and switched to Mac. I did this overnight. The reason why was simple. I was sick and tired of coming home every night and being a “windows system administrator” - installing patches, updating and running antivirus software, defragmenting disks, etc. I just wanted to come home and actually USE my computer. I get that people LOVE tinkering and getting into the weeds. There was a time I loved that too and I’d really enjoy the stuff you guys are talking about. Those days are as far in my rear view mirror as that M3 I passed at the stop light a few minutes ago ? Now days, I want it to “just work” ?