Hi from Norway (cold feet and it is not the weather)

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1s Havana Grey / MME RWD SR Shadow Black
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Hello everyone. I've been reading the posts in the shadows for some time and finally decided to properly join the forum. I placed a reservation for a SR RWD shadow black over a month ago. I am a bit old school and despite I've always been interested in the Mach E I really wanted to see it and touch it before thinking about ordering one. And I did! My wife and I went to the dealer some months ago and loved it.

However, we are already getting cold feet about it. I mean, we love the car. We have a 1-year-old boy and really wanted a "big enough" family car... and this one also looks really badass. I've probably seen all youtube reviews and read dozens of articles about the MME. But seeding the delays (with the crazy uncertainty about delivery dates), together with the fact that in the current covid situation we are not going to travel (by plane) anytime soon we are considering buying a Tesla model 3 instead. I know they are quite different cars but, I don't know. My wife really wants us to go on road trips this summer and I think she might have a good point.

This is not the presentation I had in mind but here it is. I need a bit of help. Opinions?

Price-wise is about the same:
- MME RWD SR + Techno pack without glassroof = 440000NOK (42000$)
- Tesla model 3 SR+ = 430000NOK (41000$)
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
They're very different cars, in size for one.

In terms of road trip ability, the Tesla has an extra advantage in Europe in that it has native CCS-2 support, so it can use any DC Fast Charger a Mach-E can *plus* all the proprietary Superchargers.

But that said, Europe in general (and Norway in particular) has plenty of CCS-2 public stations that would make me happy to road trip a Mach-E anywhere in Europe.

SolarAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Occupation
Writer
Country flag
I'd say the Mach E is closest to the Model Y. I like them both. Sorry to hear about the delays, things in North America have finally come to fruition. There are lots of Mach Es available at dealerships now, from cancelled orders due to the many people that could not wait. They tend to get picked up pretty quickly, but as deliveries increase the volume will get even better. One would hope now that deliveries are proceeding at a good pace, European deliveries will also be arriving.

OP
OP
Tango

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
They're very different cars, in size for one.

In terms of road trip ability, the Tesla has an extra advantage in Europe in that it has native CCS-2 support, so it can use any DC Fast Charger a Mach-E can *plus* all the proprietary Superchargers.

But that said, Europe in general (and Norway in particular) has plenty of CCS-2 public stations that would make me happy to road trip a Mach-E anywhere in Europe.
I know... Honestly, I like both, but they are two different concepts.

The charging infrastructure is not a problem here. The main reason we would cancel the order is because of the delays. Plus, my wife has seen the threads about bouncy rides and if that is something all models would have, it is definitely a no-go for her. We will decide this week. Thanks for your comments!!

OP
OP
Tango

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I'd say the Mach E is closest to the Model Y. I like them both. Sorry to hear about the delays, things in North America have finally come to fruition. There are lots of Mach Es available at dealerships now, from cancelled orders due to the many people that could not wait. They tend to get picked up pretty quickly, but as deliveries increase the volume will get even better. One would hope now that deliveries are proceeding at a good pace, European deliveries will also be arriving.
Yes. The MY would be a great option if we had it here in Europe. I don't understand why (haha) they don't sell it here and wait until the Giga Berlin is finished. The "small SUV" segment is firing at the moment and having the advantage of arriving the first would have been fantastic for Tesla IMO. We'll see what we decide... The Y would be more convenient but with only one kid I think the M3 would do just fine. Thanks for your comments!!!
Sponsored