Hi from SW Wa state by the ocean.

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
We acquired an AWD Select off the Ford lot when our ‘13 Edge Sport lunched its transmission. The MME had been there 10 days and with the Edge taking time and $$ to repair with an uncertain time delay (parts, new tranny) we bought the MME. I’ll be commuting with it about 90 miles a day at rural roads speeds of 40-55 mph, plus winter rain, ice, elk & deer. Pretty novel for our area though there’s a Teslas about last 5-6 years and summer visitors drive the gamut of hybrids and BEVs.

I’ll be charging on a 240V appliance circuit in the garage and average of 4-5 hours a night. My current power use estimate is 3.7 miles/KWH though with steady commute speeds I’m curious where that will settle in. My EcoBoost Flex Limited becomes my S.O.’s wheels. Hard to give that set of hot wheels up and even though it averages 25+ mpg on summer fuel, the MME will beat that and our ~$.064 per KWH electric utility rate means I’ll be saving some moolah as well. I’ll keep you all posted.
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Welcome aboard! I'm in the Gorge! One of the 2 Mach-Es that drives I-84 a few times a month.

You will love the Mach-E over the Edge. I had a 2012 Edge and it is nothing like the Mach-E. The ride is better. Handling is more accurate. More power. Instant torque at any speed.

With mixed home and DC charging on a trip I did last week I averaged 60 MPG in ICE terms. My cost was $0.05 per mile. Home charging only for me is $0.016 with a utility rate of $0.05 kWh. You are going to have a cheap commute.

mh58

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME P4X
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Welcome. I'm in La Center, but used to live in Naselle. Enjoy the lack of fuel purchases.

greenaero

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MME gray , Mazda Cx5, Honda CBR250R
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Country flag
Welcome! Make sure your 240 volt circuit is rated least 40 amps if you are using the charger that comes with MME. Enjoy
Sponsored