High Mileage and Resale

Beard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Build Date 5/23/22
Country flag
Been lurking here for a few months now and haven't come across any threads where someone has been logging some serious miles, so here I am.

Has anyone out there put 50k or more miles on a MME? Or has anyone recently sold their 2021 MME with a significant amount of miles and was it a challenge or yield a disappointing amount?

I should be taking delivery of my GT by early July (build date 5/23) but I am already trying to analyze my long term plans. This may sound crazy to some, but I will likely be putting at least 50k miles on this unit over the course of the next 15-18 months. At which time, I may consider selling so it is only one year old in terms of model year and I could potentially order a 2024 MY. Now we all know everyone's crystal ball is broken in regards to the economic outlook, which is a whole separate discussion, but lets assume there isn't going to be a huge influx of supply hitting the market within the next 18 months and demand will somewhat be maintained.

So I guess my burning question is, I am crazy to think that the resale value wont be hurt *that* much just because of the amount of miles? I am currently setting my expectations for a 15-20% drop from MSRP but I am curious to everyone else's thoughts. I know I can't be the only one thinking about resale values.
Sponsored

MachTri

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang mach-e AWD
Country flag
Sold my 2021 AWD SE with 17,000 Star White for $50,000. Got lots of offers between $43k - $48k just two at $50k. When the agent fat-fingered 1,700 miles in the first time their offer was 54,000. So there's some data points for your analysis.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You can easily use some sites to price out the car, and try different mileage. Based on my non-vast experience, anything over 12 - 15,000 miles a year lowers value, under that raises value. It's cents a mile, that's why we took ours on a trip in March knowing a new one was coming, it was a few hundred dollars hit which was less than gas.
Sponsored