G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C-Max Hybrid SEL; Jetson Adventure Electric Bike
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Country flag
Hey there, anyone else experience a lot of miles when they picked up their new car? My new Mach E just arrived at my dealers Fleet Center and he took a picture of the mileage on the screen. It displayed 15.5 miles already and he mentioned that he still needed to drive it back to the dealer @ 5 or so more miles. So, this will be OVER 20 miles when I finally pick it up! I never had that many when purchasing my previous new cars. The dealer stated they do @ a 7 mile test drive when they receive it and mentioned anything over that was added BEFORE they received it. Sounds like a few others have enjoyed the car a little too much after getting built.
Sponsored

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey there, anyone else experience a lot of miles when they picked up their new car? My new Mach E had @ 25 miles on it upon delivery! I never had that many when purchasing my previous new cars. The dealer stated they do @ a 7 mile test drive when they receive it and mentioned anything over that was added BEFORE they received it. Sounds like a few others have enjoyed the car a little too much after getting built.
The sales contract listed the mileage as 6 miles which is what was on it when it pulled off the trailer.
It had 13 miles on it when I picked it up. The salesman took it for a test drive (~ 4 miles) and the service department added another 3 miles during prep. Then we (salesman, myself and my wife) took it for a 10 mile test drive on the Interstate highway to listen for wind noise.

Total mileage when we left the dealership was 23.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Some vehicles will go through a test run after production. Also, some of those cars went to the holding lot in KC, and it could have been driven around some there, and between other transport spots.

Mine had 73 miles on it when I picked it up. But it was a canceled order that was at the dealer for a few days before I claimed it. I think the dealership owner or a manager took it home for a few days.

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
Hey there, anyone else experience a lot of miles when they picked up their new car? My new Mach E just arrived at my dealers Fleet Center and he took a picture of the mileage on the screen. It displayed 15.5 miles already and he mentioned that he still needed to drive it back to the dealer @ 5 or so more miles. So, this will be OVER 20 miles when I finally pick it up! I never had that many when purchasing my previous new cars. The dealer stated they do @ a 7 mile test drive when they receive it and mentioned anything over that was added BEFORE they received it. Sounds like a few others have enjoyed the car a little too much after getting built.
I love your name I wish I had thought of that.
But, you’re kidding right...?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
mine had 21 miles on it

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I bought a new Chevy pickup that was one of the first of a new model year with about the same number of miles. They made me sign to acknowledge and stated this was added to the warranty

OP
OP
GMach

GMach

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C-Max Hybrid SEL; Jetson Adventure Electric Bike
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Country flag
Some vehicles will go through a test run after production. Also, some of those cars went to the holding lot in KC, and it could have been driven around some there, and between other transport spots.

Mine had 73 miles on it when I picked it up. But it was a canceled order that was at the dealer for a few days before I claimed it. I think the dealership owner or a manager took it home for a few days.
At this point (73 miles) I'm screaming Used Car! haha

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
yeah mine was something like 15.5 mi at delivery. pretty sure some of that was around the stop ship repairs etc.

I legitimately don't think in this case it's a concern although I understand why you would ask.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I think a car is technically "new" if it has not been titled, but the unofficial limit for Ford is 250 miles.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag

same, mine had 45 miles. With some of the early problems, I was almost glad that the manager had tried it out for a few days before my 200 mile drive home.

DanCoon

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Government
Country flag
I picked mine up last Friday and it had 30 miles on it. As of today it's got 512! My salesman didn't know what the hell he was doing and put 171 miles on the contract at the time of purchase, not realizing that number was the range.... I didn't catch it until I got home.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Nothing unusual. Like others who have posted here, mine had about 20 miles on it. I don't care :) It's got 200 on it now.