Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Yes, it does.
No. It doesn’t. I’ll drive it anytime. Don’t be to person that thinks they’re special. I’ve lived at high altitude, and driven steep roads with switchbacks over mountain passes.
Sponsored

Skierick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2017 BMW 440 Convertible
Country flag
We haven't had a chance yet because we took a two week road trip. We'll do Mt Evans or Pikes Peak in early August if we can. I'm really curious to see how the regen does. Even with everything that happened it was cool to see that we used 0% battery to go from Mt Evans back home (65 miles).
I took mine from Denver to Vail and back over the 4 th of July weekend as kind of a test for ski traffic. On the way back I went from the Eisenhower tunnel under the continental divide to C-470 and only used 1% of the battery!

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
The first one I saw was Grabber Blue while at the LA Auto Show. I actually put in a reservation for Rapid Red Premium, but I really didn't want another red car. But my wife really wanted blue and it kept nagging at me. So last August when Ford did the Mach Drop promotion to open up more First Editions, I went for it and got switched to the Grabber Blue.
It was the LA Auto Show where my wife out the blue said she wanted a Grabber Blue FE too!

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Last month we drove up the highest paved road in North America. That's Mount Evans Scenic Byway in Colorado if you didn't know. My goal was to see how much battery we would use going up and then how much we would regen when coming down.

The drive up was spectacular! It is a narrow road with views for miles and miles, but no guardrails. Of course, one of the benefits of an EV is that you don't lose horsepower at elevation like you do in an ICE vehicle.

Going back down, we were getting a lot of regen. It was really cool seeing the range and battery percentage go up as we went down the mountain.

Unfortunately, we hit a snag on the decent. The car threw a One Pedal Mode fault and then eventually a bunch of others. It was a nerve racking time getting back home! But... in the end, Ford analyzed the car and did a bunch of updates. Car checks out and we have since driven 2,400 miles with some milder descents with no issues at all.

Here's the whole long video. (If you want to just skip the the problems, it is just past the 28:30 mark.)

Have you tried Pikes Peak yet?
I love the drive up Mt. Evans but there’s no charging anywhere near Idaho Springs… hoping that changes.

OP
OP
Mach-E VLOG

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Have you tried Pikes Peak yet?
I love the drive up Mt. Evans but there’s no charging anywhere near Idaho Springs… hoping that changes.
We haven't done Pikes Peak yet. They now have a reservation system so I need to look into how we do that.

If you need a charge before heading up Mount Evans, Denver West is a good spot.

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
I'm in the Springs, and want to try it (assuming the downhill issues are resolved).
Sponsored