Highway passing to top speed video. Fast!

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
I can’t judge this car by photo only and have zero knowledge about this model. I was too young, very young at that time :) . If this car had any issues it’s just confirms that Ford doesn’t learned the lessons.

I have another questions. Why Ford choose to give Mustang name to their first EV? Just simple marketing step? Or something bigger? They are so scared to loose EV battle and choose to hide their weakness by the Mustang badge? Instead of fixing the problems they decided to sell us unfinished product with the legendary brand. I think Mach-E as a Ford is a great car, as a Mustang a little bit disappointed. Or maybe Im absolutely wrong and Mustang brand isn’t something special.
To answer the Q about why place this in the stable. I believe what Ford is trying to do is take EVs from fringe, enthusiasts territory to mainstream, iconic brands and selling it on performance, utility, and looks terms, not necessarily for environmental reasons alone. The F150 I think is especially to make that case. Once some guys who actually work in construction get their hands on one with the features and no gas bill ever, it will be a big seller simply because, for most, it is superior - and can be a monster-size house generator. Righteous.
Sponsored

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My friend owns a C-Max. Believe me, you go too far in shitting on your car. But, in all seriousness, if you are that mortified to be driving your MME, unload it now while used prices are still relatively high (not peak since Tesla cuts, but still historically high) and go purchase a vehicle you'll be proud to own. Life is too short for regrets you can remedy in a week.
Nothing will change my opinion that the current version of MME is not the coolest car on the road, but it is the best EV on the market. I don't need any advice how to spend my money. My current MME is the second one I bought and if you ask me would you buy it again? Definitely, without a doubt.

jgillmer

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black MME GT w Panoramic Roof & BlueAssist
Occupation
Nonprofit Executive
Country flag
Nothing will change my opinion that the current version of MME is not the coolest car on the road, but it is the best EV on the market. I don't need any advice how to spend my money. My current MME is the second one I bought and if you ask me would you buy it again? Definitely, without a doubt.
Ok, but just know your previous posts tell a different story.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I think this is a silly argument, so I will play along. 👍

Which is more a Mustang, your GT, or this?

th-3201300774.jpg
Hey! I had that car! But a 4cyl turbo at that
Ford Mustang Mach-E Highway passing to top speed video. Fast! money pit

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Hey! I had that car! But a 4cyl turbo at that
Ford Mustang Mach-E Highway passing to top speed video. Fast! money pit
So..... Was it a "real" Mustang?

I say yes. But I am not the right judge, apparently.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Ok, but just know your previous posts tell a different story.
I forgot about this conversation. Something changed since then. I found the answer to my question which bothered me. MME is a real Mustang, not a fake one. Why? I didn’t know that Ford few years ago announced that cars would be discontinued. Take this in consideration I understand and accept why Ford decided to sale Mach-E under Mustang brand. And now I’m absolutely satisfied :)

Last edited:

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
So..... Was it a "real" Mustang?

I say yes. But I am not the right judge, apparently.
I say yes. Even if it was a bastard step child with 1/2 the cyl. A bit of tuning and she ate up the local 5slows and camshafts (it’d kill cams because of the stupid tappit’s for the rockers. I think that was high g related as it’d usually kill one after a Mount Lemon run.)

Last edited:

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I can only imagine if this were a German language forum how many posts we’d see from people wondering why they only get 115km range on the autobahn
Sponsored