Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
where did you buy yours? What was the experience like?
We ordered our Rapid Red First Edition online and selected Palmetto Ford in Charleston.
It was delayed like many others from December to February. Palmetto Ford overall was simple to work with even tho They obviously did not have experience with this vehicle: Training for customer delivery (PAAK , Profiles , Lane Keep/centering , or any incentives)

At first they tried to say X-Plan was not authorized on the vehicle.. but, In the end I had all my X-Plan paperwork , incentives/rebate paperwork and had all the documented conversations/information leading up to delivery... I had called them every week from December 1st until their delivery truck arrived on Feb 11th. Just in time for Valentines Day...

I had all my financing ready via my credit union in advance. One mix-up was the dealer did not register the MME as requested. We prefer our vehicles have both my name and the wife's name with 'or'.. (ME or HER)... the verbiage is very critical in South Carolina. Took a few weeks of back and forth to get them to correct it at their expense.

We love the vehicle but wish that we had better weather when we took delivery. It was cold and raining. We could not see the scratches already done to the vehicle on front and drivers side. we did not notice some misaligned rubber seals. we did not notice the top glass rear holder/clip had 'dug' into the glass and had obviously been patched w/ some type of filler.

After the rains finally ended, I was able to hand wash it and found all the things I missed. The dealership took no ownership nor offered to make it right. Since nothing was noted during customer delivery.

Noctivigan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current GTPE Grabber Blue,Previous FE Grabber Blue
Country flag
Any other HHI or SAV owners?
I'm in Mt. Pleasant, SC. Purchased from Jone Ford. First Grabber Blue. I have noticed a red and white one in the neighborhood also. Would be awesome to get all 3 together to get a R W B picture!

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm in Mt. Pleasant, SC. Purchased from Jone Ford. First Grabber Blue. I have noticed a red and white one in the neighborhood also. Would be awesome to get all 3 together to get a R W B picture!
Yeah, I would like to arrange a meet. I haven't seen a single MME in the wild.

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks Blanked. Sorry for your experience. I guess I’ll avoid them. Has anyone used OC Welch in Hardeville or JC Lewis in Savannah?

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks Blanked. Sorry for your experience. I guess I’ll avoid them. Has anyone used OC Welch in Hardeville or JC Lewis in Savannah?
We chose Palmetto on purpose because of our terrible history with OC Welch over the last 10 years. Our experience with Palmetto was not perfect... but at least they didn't try to change the oil in the MME like OC would have done.... (LONG SAD Painful Story)

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. You’re the second person who has warned me off OC Welch. The other was a former employee.

WFU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD; 2020 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I bought mine from OC Welch. I'll repost (with minor edits) my initial post about the vehicle below.

My test drive and purchasing experience were great. They have a dedicated test drive vehicle and they were fine with me taking it out without a sales person. After the test drive, they didn't even make me write down my contact information.

When I came back with my wife, they didn't try to haggle, upsell, persuade, etc. That's the point when I asked them to let me know if anyone cancelled a pre-order.

I've had a deposit down for a RWD Tesla Model Y since just before they began making Model Ys. Unfortunately, Tesla has yet to make a RWD version, so my deposit just sat...and sat...and sat. Fast forward a year or so and my local Ford dealer had a Mach-E available to test drive, so I went to give it a shot. I liked it quite a bit, but when I asked how long it would be to receive one, it made Tesla's 12 weeks seem short. However, the sales guy did mention that they had received two that were pre-orders and the customers had not picked them up yet. Within a day, one of those two had been claimed. The other, however, sat for almost a week.

Finally, on Friday, the Ford dealer called me to let me know that the person who had reserved the vehicle would not be taking delivery, so they would sell it. If I wanted it, it was mine with no wait. I wanted to make sure I was comfortable with the pick, so I drove to the Savannah Tesla sales center and test drove the Y.

I really liked the Y, but I ended up preferring the interior of the Mach E. I wish Ford had utilized the space a bit better on the car because the Y definitely has more/better cargo space, but we ended up deciding that the Mach E had enough space for our needs.

When I got my sales guy to run the numbers for the car, he was surprised to let me know that there was a $1000 rebate on that particular vehicle. In addition, I received an extra 250kw of free charging from EA. After doing some research and seeing articles referencing a $1000 discount and an extra 250kw of free charging, I'm guessing the car was one of those impacted by delays early on.

I ended up pulling the trigger and now own a Space White Premium with extra battery and all-wheel drive.

If anyone cares, here's what I preferred about each car:

Mach E
-Price
-Interior styling
-Seat comfort
-Exterior styling (but not by much...both are kind of ugly)
-Charging network for my needs (Tesla's supercharger network has a big hole on I-26 and EA has a station located perfectly)
-Range seems slightly better in most real world tests, but the range on both is more than adequate so this wasn't a big factor

Y
-Acceleration
-Handling (but not by much)
-Space
-Experience from manufacturer in making EVs
-Smoothness/sophistication of screen interface

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok. Thanks. A different view of OC Welch. Did you have a trade-in? How did that go?

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
We ordered our Rapid Red First Edition online and selected Palmetto Ford in Charleston.
It was delayed like many others from December to February. Palmetto Ford overall was simple to work with even tho They obviously did not have experience with this vehicle: Training for customer delivery (PAAK , Profiles , Lane Keep/centering , or any incentives)

At first they tried to say X-Plan was not authorized on the vehicle.. but, In the end I had all my X-Plan paperwork , incentives/rebate paperwork and had all the documented conversations/information leading up to delivery... I had called them every week from December 1st until their delivery truck arrived on Feb 11th. Just in time for Valentines Day...

I had all my financing ready via my credit union in advance. One mix-up was the dealer did not register the MME as requested. We prefer our vehicles have both my name and the wife's name with 'or'.. (ME or HER)... the verbiage is very critical in South Carolina. Took a few weeks of back and forth to get them to correct it at their expense.

We love the vehicle but wish that we had better weather when we took delivery. It was cold and raining. We could not see the scratches already done to the vehicle on front and drivers side. we did not notice some misaligned rubber seals. we did not notice the top glass rear holder/clip had 'dug' into the glass and had obviously been patched w/ some type of filler.

After the rains finally ended, I was able to hand wash it and found all the things I missed. The dealership took no ownership nor offered to make it right. Since nothing was noted during customer delivery.
Hey, would you mind posting a picture of the rear glass holder/clip issue for the rest of us to see? I'd like to add it to my personal delivery checklist if I could. Thank you!

OP
OP
Blanked

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey, would you mind posting a picture of the rear glass holder/clip issue for the rest of us to see? I'd like to add it to my personal delivery checklist if I could. Thank you!
I'll try to get a Pic tomorrow.

WFU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD; 2020 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Ok. Thanks. A different view of OC Welch. Did you have a trade-in? How did that go?
Kind of. I had a 2017 Chevy Volt and I told them I got a sales price already from Carvana. They said to just go with the Carvana number because there's no way they could beat it. They said about the only way they could beat the numbers Carvana is giving right now is if my trade were an F-150 because they (like every other dealer) desperately want inventory. So, I sold to Carvana, which almost stupidly easy.
Sponsored