Hilton Head , Savannah owners?

JDrazMME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Star White MME Premium Ext Batt AWD
Country flag
I'm in the early stages of building a house on Hilton Head but live in Cleveland, OH. I don't think I can drive my MME there because of the dead spots in WVa but I look forward to trying someday. Like car deliveries, home construction (especially on HHI) is taking a lot longer than expected too!

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E EX, RW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hilton Head Island, the winter capital of the state of Ohio.

There is a frenzy of selling, buying, and building here. The value of our house is has gone up close to $400,000 this year.

Workman are hard to get. I contracted with the finish carpenter we usually use in earlyJune to build some closet doors. He won’t be able to get to me until September.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I bought the f
What was your experience in dealing the Lewis? Did they charge you list price? Any add ons?
irst one they got by virtue of a cancellation. The first think I asked was “How much?” Then “any ADM” The answer was “MSRP” “No ADM” So I paid MSRP plus registration, taxes. They were excellent to deal then and later when I had questions about the car.

heidionefligrl

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e premium AWD
Country flag
Hi y'all. Im awiting a shipping date formy new Mach E. I would love to meet up with others if anyone is interested once I get the car. Im in Savannah Area.

chesteroberto

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
I purchased a 2021 J2 Rapid Red Premium about 3 weeks ago from CarMax in Jacksonville with a trade of my 2017 Bolt Premier. So far, I like the size and comfort of the Mach-E. I'm in Bluffton, so I drove the Bolt down to look over and test drive the Mach-E, and I liked it so much that I drove it home that afternoon.

I've found a few things that need to be dealt with ---- the HVAC Customer Satisfaction Program, the EVGO Fast Charge Dropouts (SSM 51097), Poor Performance of the phone charger (TSB 22-2141) and driver seat/mirror settings not matching the profile in use (can't find any documentation on this, but I believe it requires an update of the DSM module).

I'm not at all familiar with OC Welch, but I've been trying to get an appointment with their service department to address these issues and at least establish some kind of relationship with them. Every time I call their service number, I get voicemail. Leaving a message doesn't seem to get a return call. Am I doing something wrong with these people? How else can I "Go See OC"? (Sorry, I couldn't resist)!

It appears the only other near alternative is JC Lewis Ford in Savannah. I actually looked at a used Mach-E there, but I didn't end up buying it. However, the customer experience seemed good there. Am I better off using them for service instead of OC?

Any perspectives on this are very much appreciated!

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not at all familiar with OC Welch, but I've been trying to get an appointment with their service department to address these issues and at least establish some kind of relationship with them. Every time I call their service number, I get voicemail. Leaving a message doesn't seem to get a return call. Am I doing something wrong with these people? How else can I "Go See OC"? (Sorry, I couldn't resist)!

It appears the only other near alternative is JC Lewis Ford in Savannah. I actually looked at a used Mach-E there, but I didn't end up buying it. However, the customer experience seemed good there. Am I better off using them for service instead of OC?

Any perspectives on this are very much appreciated!
I had the same problem reaching their service department at OC Welch. It took five calls before they responded. I called the main number and told them that I could not reach the service department and please have them call me, which they did.

chesteroberto

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the same problem reaching their service department at OC Welch. It took five calls before they responded. I called the main number and told them that I could not reach the service department and please have them call me, which they did.
Thanks for the fast response! So, have you been happy with OC's service? Do they seem reasonably competent with working on Mach-E's?

I can certainly be persistent, if it's worth it.

Thanks, again.

Old Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the fast response! So, have you been happy with OC's service? Do they seem reasonably competent with working on Mach-E's?

I can certainly be persistent, if it's worth it.

Thanks, again.
I've only been there once to do the recall. They said it would take X amount of time to do it and almost to the minute that's how long it took. Comfortable waiting area with free soda and hot drinks. They also have a cook on-site for food you can buy.

As a footnote to nothing, the Mach-E is not the right car for my needs. The Lexus dealer on 278 is getting a RX 350 hybrid for me sometime this month. A hybrid, although I would have preferred a plug-in model, is better suited to how I use the car.

chesteroberto

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've only been there once to do the recall. They said it would take X amount of time to do it and almost to the minute that's how long it took. Comfortable waiting area with free soda and hot drinks. They also have a cook on-site for food you can buy.

As a footnote to nothing, the Mach-E is not the right car for my needs. The Lexus dealer on 278 is getting a RX 350 hybrid for me sometime this month. A hybrid, although I would have preferred a plug-in model, is better suited to how I use the car.
Thanks for the information about OC. I'll try to be persistent to get an appointment.

I fully understand that the Mach-E is not for everyone. I think that is why there are quite a few used Mach-E's with very low mileage. Having had a couple of hybrids in past years (Prius and Chevy Volt), I know how they can be very attractive, especially for someone who road trips.

Congrats on the RX350 hybrid. I'm sure it's a terrific car!

chesteroberto

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just an update on a comparison of service departments of JC Lewis in Savannah and OC Welch in Bluffton. Well, it's like night and day.

I took my MME to JC Lewis in Savannah today for the 10k service after making an appointment by phone. They are well organized and have a clean straightforward shop. They told me that they have 4 EV certified techs, and I noticed at least 5 service advisors working the floor. The job was completed in about 50 minutes, and I was on my way. While I was waiting, I was surprised by a text with a video link to the vehicle inspection. I've never seen that before, and I'm impressed with it.

I had previously gone to OC Welch twice for software updates. What a total cluster! It's impossible to get anyone on the phone to make an appointment. They have few service advisors, and when you pull up to the service center, the driveway is blocked and it's damn near impossible to park in any sort of order. They didn't complete requested updates, even though I brought copies of TSB's. I honestly don't know how the service department survives at OC Welch.

So, JC Lewis is now my "go to" service department for the MME. Of course, the 10K service is nothing complicated, but it gave me a chance to look over their operation. I don't know if they have EV techs at their new Pooler location, but I'll check that out the next time I need service, which hopefully, won't be before the 20K service.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
Just an update on a comparison of service departments of JC Lewis in Savannah and OC Welch in Bluffton. Well, it's like night and day.

I took my MME to JC Lewis in Savannah today for the 10k service after making an appointment by phone. They are well organized and have a clean straightforward shop. They told me that they have 4 EV certified techs, and I noticed at least 5 service advisors working the floor. The job was completed in about 50 minutes, and I was on my way. While I was waiting, I was surprised by a text with a video link to the vehicle inspection. I've never seen that before, and I'm impressed with it.

I had previously gone to OC Welch twice for software updates. What a total cluster! It's impossible to get anyone on the phone to make an appointment. They have few service advisors, and when you pull up to the service center, the driveway is blocked and it's damn near impossible to park in any sort of order. They didn't complete requested updates, even though I brought copies of TSB's. I honestly don't know how the service department survives at OC Welch.

So, JC Lewis is now my "go to" service department for the MME. Of course, the 10K service is nothing complicated, but it gave me a chance to look over their operation. I don't know if they have EV techs at their new Pooler location, but I'll check that out the next time I need service, which hopefully, won't be before the 20K service.
Thank you for this optimistic report. I am a day's drive from Savannah and suspect that I would actually save time by bringing my car there for service. Also, it's good to see forum activity anywhere in the southeast...
Sponsored