Hit 100mph in my MME

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
I've been on a road trip in the northeast the past few days, was going about 80mph, and I came across a nice, long flat stretch of road with no cars whatsoever. I am normally a very conservative driver, but I figured this was my chance to really test it out so I floored it. Hit 100 and then backed off. Felt like I could have hit 110 if I kept on going, but I saw a car in the distance and didn't want to press my luck.

I was impressed at how quickly it got there considering that the MME is not known for its acceleration at higher speeds. I wasn't timing it, but it felt like about ~2.5 seconds from 80 to 100. Also, when I was at 80... I was coasting pretty good, meaning I didn't really need to apply that much power to the accelerator to keep it at 80, so it felt like I had a nice full burst of power when I dropped the hammer.

Now, this is a MME Premium eAWD XR, so I guess it doesn't have the 5 second power limit. For the GTPE owners, I'm curious what it's like going from 80 to 100 in those circumstances?
Sponsored

PNWEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
There is definitely a noticeable drop off in acceleration that hits at 80. That being said, I primarily drive on back roads so I pass at will and the 5 second full power limit is effectively theoretical because hitting 80 means Iā€™m going double the speed of the people Iā€™m passing.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
My FE seems to be limited to 115 mph. It gets there pretty quick, doesnt seem to relax. Pulls hard right up to that point.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My Select AWD gets up to 100 I think faster than any car I've ever been in. Then again, really, if you're going over 100 outside of track time, something must be wrong with you. I will say, the car still feels more planted at that speed than you would expect. I think it's acceleration curve past 100 doesn't seem amazing, but that's probably because it's scary going faster than 100. I seem to be limited at 114.

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Its just as smooth at 100 as it is at 60. It's a great car. I too did something similar with my Select and Premium on a short stretch of Interstate. If you did not see things going by fast, you would think that you were not speeding.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Iā€™ve heard itā€™s limited to 113 mph. I would agree with that based on anecdotal reports.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I've been on a road trip in the northeast the past few days, was going about 80mph, and I came across a nice, long flat stretch of road with no cars whatsoever. I am normally a very conservative driver, but I figured this was my chance to really test it out so I floored it. Hit 100 and then backed off. Felt like I could have hit 110 if I kept on going, but I saw a car in the distance and didn't want to press my luck.

I was impressed at how quickly it got there considering that the MME is not known for its acceleration at higher speeds. I wasn't timing it, but it felt like about ~2.5 seconds from 80 to 100. Also, when I was at 80... I was coasting pretty good, meaning I didn't really need to apply that much power to the accelerator to keep it at 80, so it felt like I had a nice full burst of power when I dropped the hammer.

Now, this is a MME Premium eAWD XR, so I guess it doesn't have the 5 second power limit. For the GTPE owners, I'm curious what it's like going from 80 to 100 in those circumstances?
my awd Select has a cap at 113mph.... which is the same at all trim levels until GT which has a higher cap.

MachEPilot

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E X
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Good to know they can go that fast, I wouldn't know, I drive the speed limit... hahaha

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
My FE is a lemon. It's limited at 113 šŸ˜‚

Caliroute1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
My FE seems to be limited to 115 mph. It gets there pretty quick, doesnt seem to relax. Pulls hard right up to that point.
115? Really?? Guilty here if a SSHHH don't tell anyone... 123... Yeah I about pooped my pants did not even notice... But that is between you an me....

Radman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT
Country flag
I wanted to pass someone coming back from Vegas and hit 100 pretty quick and backed off pretty quick. California speeding tickets are expensive.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag

I checked my speed the other day, OMG! I was doing 100! Checked it again it was 100 km/h!!! I changed it to mph that evening. From 0 to 60 it's scary fast.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag

Practically any modern automobile is capable of 100 mph plus speeds with very little effort, please get back to us when you actually test the Mach E limits. :cool:

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I hit 100mph recently. Just wanted to see how fast it went from 80. Very easy in a blink of an eye almost When I looked down I was at 100.

I'm curious been reading about this for awhile now here. Who knows I may be a GT owner in three years
Is there is video or YouTube clip of this 5 sec power limit.

You hit 80 and you got 5 sec to max out your speed and then it that's it the speed decreases. In 5 sec you should be over 100mph already from 80 right?

Depressing.šŸ˜¢
Sponsored