OP

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Don't be so judgemental. Over 100 mph doesn't mean racing or wreckless driving weaving through traffic. Just about any recently vehicle can safely cruise around 100 mph all day on an empty freeway or with a pack of cars headed the same way.
If you’re on a wide open straight away with no traffic - cool. If there is moderate traffic and winding stretches - not cool and reckless.
Sponsored

cjfarmer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E premium RWD
Country flag
My Select AWD gets up to 100 I think faster than any car I've ever been in. Then again, really, if you're going over 100 outside of track time, something must be wrong with you. I will say, the car still feels more planted at that speed than you would expect. I think it's acceleration curve past 100 doesn't seem amazing, but that's probably because it's scary going faster than 100. I seem to be limited at 114.
I hit 115 , didn't realize i was going that fast and still had plenty of power. Fun car to drive not sure if i enjoy this MME more then my 5.0 GT.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I hit 115 , didn't realize i was going that fast and still had plenty of power. Fun car to drive not sure if i enjoy this MME more then my 5.0 GT.
Try driving an MME GT.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
It’s limited to 113mph, so, the 115 indicated was likely just speedo error. And, there isn’t plenty of power left at 113 because that’s bumping up against the motor’s rpm limits. It’s got nothing left to give, no matter how hard you try.

Kitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach E GT with pano roof
Country flag
I often look down and find myself in the 90 range. It's just so smooth and easy, I forget that I'm pressing the accelerator. I slow down as soon as I notice though. I try to not go over 9 mph the speed limit for sustained periods of time bc I have some speeding ticket issues.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It’s limited to 113mph, so, the 115 indicated was likely just speedo error. And, there isn’t plenty of power left at 113 because that’s bumping up against the motor’s rpm limits. It’s got nothing left to give, no matter how hard you try.
I challenge you to a roll race…..

Starting at 112 mph. 😛

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong but the reason the MME is limited to 113mph is because the crappy Michelin Primacy A/S has a max speed of 113mph.

Has anyone been able to remove the speed limiter? Is that even a thing with an EV?

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong but the reason the MME is limited to 113mph is because the crappy Michelin Primacy A/S has a max speed of 113mph.

Has anyone been able to remove the speed limiter? Is that even a thing with an EV?
Incorrect. It’s a motor rpm limitation, not tire related. The OEM Primacy A/S tires are H-rated, so good for 130mph continuous. And, we optioned our 4X with the $250 Continental PremiumContact 6 summer tires that are Y-rated (186mph). Still have a 113mph limit.

Not aware of way to remove limiter as yet, but, since it’s motor limited, it wouldn’t be wise to remove it anyway.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I often look down and find myself in the 90 range. It's just so smooth and easy, I forget that I'm pressing the accelerator. I slow down as soon as I notice though. I try to not go over 9 mph the speed limit for sustained periods of time bc I have some speeding ticket issues.
Haha. What’s the old traffic cop credo - 9 you’re fine, 10 you’re mine? At least that’s what my State Trooper friend told me once.

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Incorrect. It’s a motor rpm limitation, not tire related. The OEM Primacy A/S tires are H-rated, so good for 130mph continuous. And, we optioned our 4X with the $250 Continental PremiumContact 6 summer tires that are Y-rated (186mph). Still have a 113mph limit.

Not aware of way to remove limiter as yet, but, since it’s motor limited, it wouldn’t be wise to remove it anyway.
Good to know. Thanks for correcting me! I'll update the post