Hit 100mph in my MME

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I hit 100mph recently. Just wanted to see how fast it went from 80. Very easy in a blink of an eye almost When I looked down I was at 100.

I'm curious been reading about this for awhile now here. Who knows I may be a GT owner in three years
Is there is video or YouTube clip of this 5 sec power limit.

You hit 80 and you got 5 sec to max out your speed and then it that's it the speed decreases. In 5 sec you should be over 100mph already from 80 right?
You only get 5 seconds when you start from zero.

If you floor it from 80, you get 0-1 second of full power before the power is reduced.

If you floor it from 60, you get about 2 seconds of full power before itā€™s reduced.

And thatā€™s only if youā€™re near full charge and the weather is warm. Low charge or cold outside? Zero seconds of full power.

There are lots of videos. Even quite a few posted here.
Sponsored

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR

If you floor it from 80, you get 0-1 second of full power...
Flooring it from zero you get 5 sec.

What if you don't floor it say accelerator 75-85%? No restrictions?

I get it where you would want to floor it.

But freeway driving passing up cars rarely floor it. I didn't floor it when I reach 100 from 80.

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

But freeway driving passing up cars rarely floor it. I didn't floor it when I reach 100 from 80.
You still get the power restrictions at freeway speeds regardless of full throttle, you don't need to floor it fully just normal accelerating to pass which is typically never 100% throttle.

The simple truth is that at freeways speeds it is as performance turd that leaves you with zero confidence of what your actual power level is. Sometimes you get a few seconds of full power available and sometimes the limits kick in the instant you touch the throttle.

If it was just power limitations due to decreased state of charge then this would be fine and one of those acceptable EV things, the same way ICE vehicles lose power at higher elevations, but in the case of the GT/GTPE ford marketing have been writing checks that ford engineering where unable to cash, and until is is fixed under no circumstance can the GT/GTPE be classed as a performance BEV as no serious performance BEV has such ridiculous power limitations.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Practically any modern automobile is capable of 100 mph plus speeds with very little effort, please get back to us when you actually test the Mach E limits. :cool:
Haha, yep. Iā€™ve seen 113-114mph numerous times. The CaRt1 owner claiming 123 has an optimistic speedo. Here are my best Dragy runs in our 4X, Iā€™ve posted them in other threads too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hit 100mph in my MME 8F0AE4C5-FC4C-4701-9FC0-A78BE6726B54
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hit 100mph in my MME 2721FF03-9922-46A0-B1EB-30B8D708C63E
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hit 100mph in my MME 2829DC07-198F-4937-BBA6-C199EF8DF97B

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

You canā€™t trick it.

Lots of things limit power. Flooring it will. So will speed, temperature, battery temperature etc.

The reason you canā€™t trick it is there is also some table or formula that determines the amount of battery discharge over a set time period and limits power accordingly.

OP
OP

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X

If you floor it from 80, you get 0-1 second of full power before the power is reduced.

If you floor it from 60, you get about 2 seconds of full power before itā€™s reduced.

And thatā€™s only if youā€™re near full charge and the weather is warm. Low charge or cold outside? Zero seconds of full power.

Such a bizarre decision by Ford. In my 4X premium I get way more power than that at those speeds. I can understand capping the power at those speeds, but why cripple it worse than what a Premium does?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

This is in addition to the already limited power over 70mph. You don't start with full power at 80.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I've ridden motorcycles at 125+mph a couple times and have a few observations:
1. You go by things very quickly. The white dashed center lines are more like a blur.
2. If your reaction time and visual space (how far you can see things around you) is somewhat limited (tired, elder in age, etc.), you may not have enough time to react to something running across the road without hitting it.
3. Getting stopped by a LEO can be very expensive.
4. Driving at those speeds uses an enormous amount of energy both from the car and yourself.

I personally have only done this a couple times in northern NV where you can see for miles around you and even then I only did it for a few minutes.

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
This is fine with me.

I'm not sure I want to push that much mass much over 110 on those pizza-cutter tires on Michigan pavement anyway.

but at some point I'm for sure going to.

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
Interesting. I think this will change. Who's going to buy a GT in the next years because of this. Rhetorical question.

OP
OP

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Interesting. I think this will change. Who's going to buy a GT in the next years because of this. Rhetorical question.
I'll put it this way (and I hope you are reading this Ford reps) - the day Ford gets rid of this 5 second limit (we don't need 100% raw power all the time, but at least give us 10 seconds, and a full power burst at highway speeds) is the day I will go into a Ford dealership and custom order a GTPE.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Haha, yep. Iā€™ve seen 113-114mph numerous times. The CaRt1 owner claiming 123 has an optimistic speedo. Here are my best Dragy runs in our 4X, Iā€™ve posted them in other threads too.
Good info, thanks!

Bmr4MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext ordered Feb 2022
Country flag
My Select AWD gets up to 100 I think faster than any car I've ever been in. Then again, really, if you're going over 100 outside of track time, something must be wrong with you. I will say, the car still feels more planted at that speed than you would expect. I think it's acceleration curve past 100 doesn't seem amazing, but that's probably because it's scary going faster than 100. I seem to be limited at 114.
Don't be so judgemental. Over 100 mph doesn't mean racing or wreckless driving weaving through traffic. Just about any recently vehicle can safely cruise around 100 mph all day on an empty freeway or with a pack of cars headed the same way.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Don't be so judgemental. Over 100 mph doesn't mean racing or wreckless driving weaving through traffic. Just about any recently vehicle can safely cruise around 100 mph all day.
Really depends on your definition of "safely". And in suburban/urban settings, yeah, it's pretty much reckless. The law would agree with me. I would argue most people and car combos are unsafe on public roads in those areas at 100+ mph.
Sponsored