Hmm, I do not think an EV 6 is in my future.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I know some EV6 are out there for sure, but my reserved First Edition hasn't arrived at the Kia dealer yet. They told me in early Feb. it would be there in a couple of weeks. We're now over a month past that date. The dealer hasn't bothered to contact me with any updates.

it's almost like all the complaints about First Edition Mustang Mach-Es not being first, and manufacturer communication, and dealer communication, and repeated delays, were all things not unique to the Mach-E. 🤔
Sponsored

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Will you keep your MME order?
Four months into waiting for build date and looking at more months of waiting, I am at peace with my decision to trade-in my old car with markup to buy Hyundai Ioniq 5 with markup. Unless I trade in the I5 or wife's Honda CRV, the price protection and no-ADM promises from Ford on the MME purchase take on even greater importance. Yes, I am keeping my order. I'll decide what to do about it whenever Ford delivers, next summer/fall.
Ford revealed that Week of 4/11/22 scheduling will be for "retail order scheduling only", so I'm allowing a glimmer of hope that my Dec '21 MME order might get a June build date.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hmm, I do not think an EV 6 is in my future. 1649704929203

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I know some EV6 are out there for sure, but my reserved First Edition hasn't arrived at the Kia dealer yet. They told me in early Feb. it would be there in a couple of weeks. We're now over a month past that date. The dealer hasn't bothered to contact me with any updates.

it's almost like all the complaints about First Edition Mustang Mach-Es not being first, and manufacturer communication, and dealer communication, and repeated delays, were all things not unique to the Mach-E. 🤔
What's your dealer and what's your config?

I paid for a site that has backdoor access to Kia data

https://kia-ev6.us/

There were NO Glacier White FEs in Ohio but here are the Steel Matte ones in OH

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hmm, I do not think an EV 6 is in my future. 1649705065024

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
What's your dealer and what's your config?

I paid for a site that has backdoor access to Kia data

https://kia-ev6.us/

There were NO Glacier White FEs in Ohio but here are the Steel Matte ones in OH

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hmm, I do not think an EV 6 is in my future. 1649705065024
First Edition in Yellow. I have a high confidence in the idea that the car hasn't even been built yet, let alone shipped to the dealer. A couple of Wind went through the dealer, fairly quickly, but that's all I've ever seen show up there (I check their site every so often.)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Space White
Country flag
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I could definitely see the difference between the 235 tire on the “Wind” and the 225 tires on mine. 0.39” made a world of difference! When I get home from my 330 mile trip I will download some of my DashCam footage and post it. Yes style is subjective and this is a Mach E forum.
I could tell a difference in driving with the 235's vs the 225's and if you want to compare them at the same price point, the GT-Line (still ~2k cheaper than the premium AWD ER) has 255's. The MachE premium tires are too small and get lose around turns when accelerating. I didn't have that in the EV6 which has a faster 0-60. Both cars have their strengths.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Yeah, you keep proving it
I thought the red EV6 in the Alex on Autos video actually looks pretty cool. I would not buy one, but equally won't sh*t on someone who wants one.

Some people like Pugs...some people like Golden Retrievers...but they both like dogs.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
had a boxy Volvo 142 in 1981. loved it.
Now I have a BEV that pleases me while waiting to see if I'll ever get a curvy MME, too.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hmm, I do not think an EV 6 is in my future. 1649737740209
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hmm, I do not think an EV 6 is in my future. 1649737740209
How's that drivers seat legroom? I keep dreaming of the days in my VW Bus when I didn't have my knee/leg hitting the middle console. Also, are the seats typical Hyundai seats? I usually find them a little narrow and firm. What's interesting about the EV6 and the Ionic 5 is that you can trade-off a few things and get a $6500 (Wind w/Tech) or $8500 (I5 SEL)cheaper EV with the same power.