Holiday weekend road trip adventures -- wish us luck!!

mrsiegfried

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Kyle O'Connor / Out of Spec did a whole video today complaining that none of the new EA units whereever he is in Colorado were working with the sub-zero temps -- good luck!
Yeah, that was the basis of my joke… I’m forum-rusty, so I guess I forgot to add the /s at the end. We’ll see how it goes tomorrow.
Sponsored

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
"And our extra-beefy, robust HVBJB continues to have no problems"

Scoopman, I'm curious about the new HVBJB part. Any more specifics?
Also, are you still noticing limited power after 5 seconds / 72 mph?

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
"And our extra-beefy, robust HVBJB continues to have no problems"

Scoopman, I'm curious about the new HVBJB part. Any more specifics?
Also, are you still noticing limited power after 5 seconds / 72 mph?
Oh this is my nickname for the redesigned HVBJB, nothing different than you have in that beautiful Vapor Blue GTPE. Same limitations as you on power.

Ford will have to redesign the whole battery system (in a mid-cycle or model refresh) before you'll see an improvement there.

mrsiegfried

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Brrrr.... Your DCFC chargers are working in the cold?
yeah no problem with DCFC—including 11 EA stations. Didn’t see a temperature above 10 °F until I rolled into Denver. Had one (normal) handshake issue, but the next charger over was fine. Couldn’t charge at full speed, but that’s a Ford problem. Also efficiency was (perhaps obviously) shit while driving mostly around 0-5 °F directly into a 25 mph headwind.

But holiday road trip was successful. Hope yours was too.

OP
OP
scoopman

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
While up in the mountains, we plugged in each night on 110v and did reasonably well to maintain enough charge for our short trips to ice skating and snow tubing and some kids playgrounds etc.

But this afternoon, I visited the garage of @markboris to pre-charge up a buffer before we head home tomorrow. There's gonna be a big storm rolling into all of Northern California and the Sierras, and luckily it's abnormally warm here, or else we would get a snow dump where we're staying.

I've de-antlered and stowed our nose for an anticipated very wet trip home tomorrow. Full trip report and video coming soon!

In the meanwhile, here are some pics of Mark's car and mine having a "playdate", and of Mark's doggie Riley supervising the charging.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Holiday weekend road trip adventures -- wish us luck!! IMG_2683.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Holiday weekend road trip adventures -- wish us luck!! IMG_2675.JPG

Ford Mustang Mach-E Holiday weekend road trip adventures -- wish us luck!! IMG_2680.JPG

sborsch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME; 2020 Lexus NX300 Hybrid
Occupation
I.T. Consultant
Country flag
What a stand-up thing to do @markboris ...
Sponsored