Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I didnt see Plug Status, I will look for that. Any clues about where it is so I can make a template sensor for it, please?
It is buried as an attribute in sensor.fordpass_elVeh so you need to use a template to extract it:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Home Assistant Automations - Show them off!!! 1668223385818

And here is a template snippet that works to extract it into a template sensor with a friendly name and a custom icon:

Code:
  - sensor:
      - name: Plug Status
        state: >-
          {% if is_state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Plug Status', 0) %}
            Unplugged
          {% elif is_state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Plug Status', 1) %}
            Plugged In
          {% else %}
          {% endif %}
        icon: >-
          {% if is_state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Plug Status', 0) %}
            mdi: power-plug-off
          {% elif is_state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Plug Status', 1) %}
            mdi: power-plug
          {% else %}
            mdi:connection
          {% endif %}
Or as a binary sensor with device_class:

Code:
  - binary_sensor:
      - name: EV Plug
        unique_id: ev_plug
        state: "{{ is_state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Plug Status', 1) }}"
        device_class: power
Sponsored

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Quick question: Can the FordPass integration in HomeAssistant be used to "stop" a charging session? Or would I need to do this through the EVSE integrion (OpenEVSE in this case)?

Background: I don't fully trust the FordPass charge settings to stop charging at the configured setting for the current charging location. Last night it went to 100% even though the charge logs show that it correctly identified the charge location, and the charge setting for this location was configured to 80%. My guess is that sometimes FordPass settings changes don't actually make it to car (maybe due to Deep Sleep or something else) but still get cached in the app. I just want to add another line of defense with an HA automation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Quick question: Can the FordPass integration in HomeAssistant be used to "stop" a charging session? Or would I need to do this through the EVSE integrion (OpenEVSE in this case)?

Background: I don't fully trust the FordPass charge settings to stop charging at the configured setting for the current charging location. Last night it went to 100% even though the charge logs show that it correctly identified the charge location, and the charge setting for this location was configured to 80%. My guess is that sometimes FordPass settings changes don't actually make it to car (maybe due to Deep Sleep or something else) but still get cached in the app. I just want to add another line of defense with an HA automation.
It only supports remote start and remote door locks. Everything else is status only.

Joeo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
I'm enjoying this thread and am going to try to implement some of these automations soon. I just got my MME a few days ago. I'm using an OBDII device and the Torque integration in HA to bring in additional data. I haven't worked through the sensors or what they all mean yet, but I have a feeling some of the people in this group would be able to really put some of the data to use! I'm using some of the extra PIDs shown in this thread Mach E Form - Extended PIDs for Torque
I'd love to use some of the FordPass data and torque data to make a nice dashboard.

Screenshot 2022-11-15 115658.jpg

HandleWithKerr

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Vapor Blue Premium Mach E
Country flag
I track energy usage with my ChargePoint EVSE and also with Sense (home energy monitor), both in HA. I have a dedicated circuit monitor on the Sense side, which I just use to reflect the total consumption in the top part "Energy Usage" combined with the rest of the house. The bottom "Individual Devices" pulls the data from Chargepoint. In this example, 38.5 kW of my total 50.5 kW consumed today was for EV charging. If I wanted to just use sense I could by creating a custom sensor and just using the data from Sense alone. This would allow you to use any EVSE without it even being a "smart" or "connected" one as long as you can slap a dedicated circuit monitor on it.

Disclaimer - I am a forum moderator for Sense, but any home monitor solution that integrates with HA would work the same.

PS - Ignore the language "Yearly Usage". That's the sensor it tracks. In this example, it's just the daily being represented and it's only pulling the label of the yearly sensor data for the time frame selected.
thanks for the response! Im looking forward to trying a lot of this stuff out and seeing what I can come up with

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
I'm just looking into integrating this, but I'm worried about Ford locking out my account.

Has this all been sorted now, with no risk to being locked out by using fordpass-ha?

Thanks

Tyldum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Used it for almost 2 years now without trouble. But I did remove anything else that could prod the APIs.

Joeo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
na
Country flag
I'm just looking into integrating this, but I'm worried about Ford locking out my account.

Has this all been sorted now, with no risk to being locked out by using fordpass-ha?

Thanks
I've been using it for 5 months without an issue. I am using a secondary account in case they lock it... Not sure if it'll help, may not be account related...but makes me feel better haha

alohaflyer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
I've been using the Fordpass integration from HACS. And this is the card I was able to make for my front end. It gives me the ability to lock/unlock doors and start the vehicle.

But I really wish I could start and stop charging sessions with it.

My setup:
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Tesla Powerwall
Tesla Wall Connector J-1772

Fordpass Integration:
https://github.com/itchannel/fordpass-ha

Ford Mustang Mach-E Home Assistant Automations - Show them off!!! mache charging v2

YAML:
type: entities
entities:
  - entity: sensor.fordpass_elveh
    name: Range
    secondary_info: none
  - type: attribute
    entity: sensor.fordpass_elveh
    attribute: Battery Fill Level
    name: Battery
    icon: mdi:battery
    suffix: '%'
  - entity: sensor.fordpass_elveh_plug_charging_status
    icon: mdi:lightning-bolt
  - entity: sensor.fordpass_elveh_plug_state
    icon: mdi:ev-plug-type1
  - entity: switch.fordpass_ignition_switch
    name: Start
  - entity: lock.fordpass_doorlock
    name: Door Locks
    icon: mdi:lock-outline
  - entity: sensor.fordpass_windowposition
    name: Windows
    icon: mdi:car-door
  - entity: device_tracker.fordpass_tracker
    name: Location
header:
  type: picture
  image: >-
    https://pictures.dealer.com/l/levittownfordfd/1545/ecf2d68c9eac42e902cfdc51fb31b11ex.jpg?impolicy=downsize_bkpt&w=412
footer:
  type: graph
  graph: line
  entity: sensor.fordpass_elveh
  hours_to_show: 24
  unit: '%'
  detail: 2
title: Mustang Mach-E GT

I made two template sensors to format the data in the attributes of sensor.fordpass_elveh

YAML:
fordpass_elveh_plug_state:
      friendly_name: 'Charging Cable'
      value_template: >
        {% if state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Plug Status') == 1 %}
        Plugged in
        {% elif state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Plug Status') == 0 %}
        NOT Plugged in
        {% else %}
        error
        {% endif %}

fordpass_elveh_plug_charging_status:
      friendly_name: 'Charging Status'
      value_template: >
        {% if state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Charging Status') == 'ChargingAC' %}
        Charging
        {% elif state_attr('sensor.fordpass_elveh', 'Charging Status') == 'ChargeTargetReached' %}
        Charging Complete
        {% else %}
        NOT Charging
        {% endif %}

Last edited:
OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
But I really wish I could start and stop charging sessions with it.
What charger do you have? You can set the car to always accept a charge when at home and then control the schedule with the EVSE. This is what I do and it works flawlessly.

alohaflyer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Airline Pilot
Country flag
What charger do you have? You can set the car to always accept a charge when at home and then control the schedule with the EVSE. This is what I do and it works flawlessly.
I have a Tesla Wall Connector J-1772.

Power is only affordable between 9am and 5pm in my area. I would love to know how to only charge during those times. The Fordpass app doesn't seem to honor the schedule all the time.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I have a Tesla Wall Connector J-1772.

Power is only affordable between 9am and 5pm in my area. I would love to know how to only charge during those times. The Fordpass app doesn't seem to honor the schedule all the time.
We don't have ToU rates where I live, so I've never had to bother with it, but does the Tesla Wall Connector HA integration not allow starting/stopping charging?

I have Wallbox Pulsar Pluses, so they have scheduling built-in, but they also have HA integration that allows you to start/stop charging/etc.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Thought I'd show off my latest HA project, which is loosely related to this thread. This is a Fire 10 HD Plus tablet, serving as a dashboard to my basement office/man-cave area, which I use as a home automation sandbox. It's wirelessly charging and removable, held in place with a magnet and also a hidden shallow vertical lip behind it. FordPass SOH is on here, as well as lots of solar production data and some other things like weather and thermostats. If needed I can swipe for more data (OpenEVSE and FordPass, more solar data, etc).

Eventually this will also serve as a universal remote control for the home entertainment system in that area, but that'll take some time. The idea would be to grab it off the wall, turn on the home theater, and use the tablet to control everything while I'm there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Home Assistant Automations - Show them off!!! IMG_2404

CommittotheIndian

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Select eAWD Star White
Occupation
Indiana Supreme Court - IT
Country flag
Thought I'd show off my latest HA project, which is loosely related to this thread. This is a Fire 10 HD Plus tablet, serving as a dashboard to my basement office/man-cave area, which I use as a home automation sandbox. It's wirelessly charging and removable, held in place with a magnet and also a hidden shallow vertical lip behind it. FordPass SOH is on here, as well as lots of solar production data and some other things like weather and thermostats. If needed I can swipe for more data (OpenEVSE and FordPass, more solar data, etc).

Eventually this will also serve as a universal remote control for the home entertainment system in that area, but that'll take some time. The idea would be to grab it off the wall, turn on the home theater, and use the tablet to control everything while I'm there.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Home Assistant Automations - Show them off!!! IMG_2404
Would you send me or post pics of the mount? I'm curious about the magnets and wireless charging.