Home charger questions

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric, Ford C-Max Energi, 1999 F250 PSD, 2000 F250 PSD, 1968 GTO, 1955 Bel Air
Occupation
Managet
Country flag
Have you have been on the SRP or APS websites and checked out their EV programs?
Anyone run a business from home?
Anyone have an employer that would entertain installing L2?
SRP covers $1500...per head so they could do the dual head ChargePoint and get $3000 rebate.
APS pays the entire cost for Workplace EV charging

https://savewithsrpbiz.com/rebates/evcharger.aspx0

Advertisement

Attachments

zhackwyatt

Reaction score
Vehicles
Reserved: '21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Current: '13 Ruby Red C-Max SEL Former: '98 OxfWhite Explorer XLT
Country flag
I installed a GE in-wall A/C but I didn't buy one strong enough to handle this heat and leaky garage door, etc... It can't cope with the heat load. Can't get temp below 100 (the A/C just has a two digit temp display, so it says HI all the time in summer!) Anyway, it also drives energy bill way up, so I don't use it. I wanted it for woodworking purposes but it didn't work out.
I suggest putting ziplock bags full of ice into your pants. More efficient to bring the cooling where you need it.

Same here, SW facing and foam in the door panels. I also insulated the attic space (R-38) and blew in cellulose insulation into the side walls. Though I didn't buy enough of cellulose stuff so those walls are only partially filled.
Did you notice any difference before and after? I put the foam in the door first summer so I don't have a comparison. Don't know if it helped or made it worse by trapping heat.

SRP: $50 Amazon credit for joining their EV community. https://www.srpnet.com/electric/home/forms/EVsignup.aspx
I didn't know about this. Cool.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicles
human driven
Country flag
Did you notice any difference before and after? I put the foam in the door first summer so I don't have a comparison. Don't know if it helped or made it worse by trapping heat.
Honestly, I have no idea! I do know that it was crazy hot to the touch pre-styrofoam.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicles
Mazda 6, CR-V, HR-V, Insight; Mach-e ordered
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2021 Mach-E First Edition (ordered)
Country flag

jhalkias

First Name
John
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicles
2016 Escape, 2019 Fusion Energi
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
OP

Evermore

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicles
human driven
Country flag
I bought some 4x8' sheets of insulating foam from the building materials area at Home Depot about 15+ years ago and cut them to size for my door panels. I was able to buy the sheets at 1.25" thickness which is an exact/tight fit into my door panels. I think it's basically the same as the kit you linked, but with a little more effort and quite a bit less expensive. I also put a reflective film into the glass panel at the top of the door.

PXL_20200926_164713821.jpg

Advertisement

Advertisement