OP
MachGeo

MachGeo

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 AWD LR; Mach E GT (on order)
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I think Ford's charger has the advantage of being integrated within FordPass. I would have purchased one if it was available when I got my Mach-E (it wasn't). You still can schedule your charge times/percentage within FordPass regardless of brand, so it might not matter to you. That is why I suggested keeping what you have... there really isn't much to the "guts" of the unit that separates one from another.

I thought I read that Ford discontinued their smart charger?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I think Ford's charger has the advantage of being integrated within FordPass.
Considering how much people seem to think the FordPass app is terrible, I'm not sure that's an advantage. The Wallbox app is fine, but I like the ChargePoint app better since it shows the charging curve of the entire session.

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Considering how much people seem to think the FordPass app is terrible, I'm not sure that's an advantage. The Wallbox app is fine, but I like the ChargePoint app better since it shows the charging curve of the entire session.
Anything particular about the charging details in the FordPass app that you don't like? I have no idea what it shows or doesn't show with the Connected Charger.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Anything particular about the charging details in the FordPass app that you don't like? I have no idea what it shows or doesn't show with the Connected Charger.
My experience is it shows that the car is charging, I can force it to charge to 100%, after that the logs are my complaint. Spotty at best, and full of misinformation. Seems like it just randomly puts numbers in that don't remotely make sense.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't either since I don't have a Ford Connected Charger. But people seem to generally dislike the FordPass app, so if that's the only advantage, I don't see a reason to spend more on it instead of just getting a ChargePoint or Wallbox.
Sponsored