Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That vote was meant for humor only. I drive an etron and charge with 120V outlet- it does the job 99% of the time.
Thanks for the humor. I'd appreciate it if you correct your vote, though.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Interesting...so the vast majority of people are NOT using the Ford Mobile Charger to charge at home? (At least I assume that's what the 32A charger/40Amp circuit choice represents).
My vote for 32A charger/40A circuit was not for the Ford charger. I have a 2 year old Siemens L2 charger, which replaced an older L2 charger. I didn’t like how the original circuit was run so I re-did the wiring and outlet myself when I got the charger two years ago. I only needed my dog as supervision.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I ran my own nema 14-50 plug, but oversized the wires. Used the Ford mobile charger for a bit then got a chargepoint flex and hardwired it. 75A breaker and the Flex can do up to 50A, of course MME is max 48A. Works great. I have a sense with an amp clamp on it for fun even though chargepoint tells me how much energy I've used and converts it into $ already.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I have a sense with an amp clamp on it for fun even though chargepoint tells me how much energy I've used and converts it into $ already.
What is a sense? Do you mean sensor? And if so, what are you using because that sounds interesting.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’m using the 32amp mobile charger but on a 50amp circuit. I doubt it makes any difference.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
While I don't own one ... I did learn that the Enel X JuiceBox can share the circuit. E.g. two JuiceBox chargers on a single circuit will "talk" to each other via WiFi. They each know when the other is charging. When both need to charge they reduce the charge rate and share the circuit charging both cars at half the amps. But when only one is being used it will charge using all available amps. This prevents the need to upgrade the service panel to add more amperage in the garage.

Clipper Creek also has an EVSE that does this. They call it the Share2. You can order it as a pair ... about $1500 for two EVSE wall-boxes.

What's somewhat interesting is that it really is just WiFi and software to make it all work. So in theory, any smart WiFi connected EVSE should be able to do this with the right software. It would be great if it were just an industry standard ... that way the EVSEs wouldn't even need to be the same brand.
That may come someday but right now the only way to legally do it is with the same equipment per NEC. ChargePoint does this too as does several other brands.

There are two basic methods. Circuit Share and Panel Share. Each has it's own benefits. Panel share really does well with 120/208v service but not many of us have that at home. Very common for fleet though....

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Just got the 60a breaker installed today, and set up with a chargepoint home flex unit. The car is at 85% right now so it was charging at 3.47 kW so not full speed i assume since it was above 80%

Machmus

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CG Mach-E AWD LR, Seat mii Electric
Country flag
Global poll or US only?

You're missing the 400V option. In Norway most new houses have upgraded from 240V to 400V. 32A 3 phase should in theory give 22 kW if the car hadn't been limited to 11 kW.

exact33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Interesting...so the vast majority of people are NOT using the Ford Mobile Charger to charge at home? (At least I assume that's what the 32A charger/40Amp circuit choice represents).
I decided to keep the ford charger in the car and have a dedicated one in my garage, especially since my utility paid for it...
Sponsored