MachLovin

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Chevelle, 2015 Subaru , 2022 Mach E Select
Country flag
The electrician should really take a look at your panel first to see how many additional amps it could support, location, etc..
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You can buy single phase 240V 25 kW DCFC for about $10,000.

OP, if you get the pro charge station installed it will charge your F150 at 80A and your Mach-E at 48A.
They still make those ancient things? :)

OP
OP
Platinum Ice

Platinum Ice

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford MME Premium, 2023 Ford Lightning Order
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
I don't think that's very likely.
Incorrect though, since some homes in our area have commercial zoning also w/home business operations.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Incorrect though, since some homes in our area have commercial zoning also w/home business operations.
Well, if you got 100 homes across the country and checked, it would be less than 1 percent that had 3 phase power.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
If you're zoned properly it can be done, although residential DC fast charging is generally viewed as highly impractical based on cost and need. Cost to install and operate the charger as associated infrastructure is extremely high as compared to a level 2 charger, Also you're typically parked at home long enough to fill the battery on a level 2.

If you've got too much money to burn and want the convenience of always-available fast charging, I say find a good commercial electrician.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Well, if you got 100 homes across the country and checked, it would be less than 1 percent that had 3 phase power.
Judging by the massive garage, the two vehicles that live in there, the modifications done to the vehicles etc......then it's possible that community might have 3 phase power. Especially if they have large detached garages for their toys.

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The Mach E has a 48 A onboard charger used for AC charging in conjunction with the proper EVSE. What people call level 2 chargers aren’t chargers, they’re glorified extension cords with a special connector. When using a DCFC, the charger is the charger and those go up to 500A but that depends on the unit.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Please let me know if a garage charging station can be DC direct with 50+ miles per hour of charge? Seems like the Ford Connect charger gets you to almost 30 miles per hour. 20 miles/per hour - is that possible with the Ford Mobile Charger provided?
Thank you! I'm working with an electrician but many of them are new to this installation. PS - love the Ice White Premium look!

20220721_114530.jpg

20220727_085726.jpg

20220727_092127.jpg

20220727_092141.jpg

20220727_092152.jpg

20220727_092214.jpg
Unless you own Aaron Spellings old house a DC charger is dangerous and unavailable to most humans. I bet Phil Mickelson and some of the gamey Saudi backed LIV golfers might get one. Prolly not since they get gas cheap

Jes sayin. I have an Ice White Premium package e pony on order. Now I want an ICY Lightning. It’s the best color. It’s not trying too hard. It’s just fricking white…..

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would be surprised if it were greater than 0.1%. Here in Fairbanks we are not the norm but at over 20,000 residential meters I can not recall a single three phase connection although there may have been. Going three phase the cost goes up significantly and demand charges would most likely become applicable (super impact if you were to charge at home.) Residential rates assume about 70% capacity factor. If you went with a DCFC of any size at home your capacity factor would drop significantly and the demand charge would become a significant cost component of your electric bill.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
Dude, are you here for help or arguing? From your statements, it's pretty clear you aren't familiar with electrical systems or EVSE, but every time someone tries to help explain it you just want to argue.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
Out of curiosity, what would the need be? Are you planning on burning through the full range near your property and wanting to "fill back up" quickly to get back out there? Genuinely curious as virtually all "standard" L2 chargers will get you to max range overnight.

Do you have a local race track nearby or something?

As most mentioned above, the cost of installation, if even possible, is significant and wouldn't provide much benefit for most people. Again, I don't know your situation hence the question above.

OP
OP
Platinum Ice

Platinum Ice

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Mach E will charge at 48A maximum (~11.5kw)
Thank you - except they'll charge at 80A+ at Level 3 fast charge stations as mentioned at the Ford.com site.

OP
OP
Platinum Ice

Platinum Ice

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Every DC charger currently on the market requires 3 phase power.
Do you have 3 phase at your residence? (not very common....)
240 Volt at home:

Is 240V power 3 phase?

It supplies power at around 240 volts and is used in homes and businesses for most appliances and lighting. 3 phase power has four wires; three actives and one neutral, and supplies power at both 240V and 415V.

Status
Not open for further replies.