Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
That was great. Too bad it’s not satire.

OP
OP
DaMeatMan

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
I agree it is a privilege to get Government subsidies for EV's. But its one that comes from trying to expedite a push towards a clearly superior technology that is obviously cleaner, and cheaper for everyone involved, particularly when you consider the long term impact on the environment, and human health, which are far more expensive problems to fix (after) the fact.

I get not subsidizing these things as a Government that just wants to maintain the status quo, but to push back with levies and taxes on EVs for the express purpose of DISENSENTIVISING the public from buying EV's, like you would tax a pack of cigarettes is just kind of ass backwards if you ask me.

I checked your profile and I noticed that the last 30 or so posts you made were in the "Washington State will ban ICE cars by 2030" and you feel quite strongly in support of keeping ICE cars on the road so I'm certainly not here to change your mind.

Just pointing out that in this day in age I think it's quite obvious to many that actually look at the science that the current status quo just isn't cutting it anymore, and we can't just continue to blissfully do what we've been doing knowing full well that this trajectory is basically headed towards a cliff of pretty dire consequences.

Even if someone were to completely deny what the science is telling us, what the consumer is telling us (when they vote with their wallet) is that these small incremental improvements of burning stuff to achieve locomotion while killing us with slightly less emissions is really just not cutting it anymore.

One of those "dire consequences" is the death of an entire fossil fuel based automotive industry that allowed a tiny little nothing silicone valley startup (Tesla), to ABSOLUTELY DOMINATE THEM in such a way that they are now worth MORE THAN EVERY MAJOR AMERICAN AUTOMOTIVE COMPANY (COMBINED) in just a single decade!

If that doesn't sound urgent or dire from just a business perspective alone, (again forget the science and the environmental and health implications), then I honestly don't know what else to say other than to ask how well that line of thinking worked out for Blockbuster??

So is it important for Governments to get with the times and help the automotive industry move along with new technology and push it passed the more expensive "early adopters phase", and into more of an economy of scale phase? I think so! Particularly when the alternative is to just let all of these companies slowly fail YET AGAIN, and get bailed out YET AGAIN...

Last edited:
OP
OP
DaMeatMan

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for confirming my assumptions on your line of thinking. I certainly wouldn't waste my time arguing with a flat earther, and I don't think I'll waste any more of my time responding to someone that thinks they way you do.

I'm sorry, I'm just not sure what else I could say that would actually be productive without devolving into what basically amounts to a school yard spat on a public forum.

Just out curiosity though, what exactly brought you to this (Electric) Mustang forum? Were you bored?

OP
OP
DaMeatMan

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Alright then, let's try this again.

Would you sit in an enclosed garage for several hours with your internal combustion vehicle running?

I'm going to assume the answer is No. Why?

Because you would fall asleep and never wake up that's why.

Would you have the same concerns about sitting in an enclosed garage with a purely battery electric vehicle running?

Again, I'll assume that you wouldn't be concerned because it's literally no different than powering on your TV in the living room.

So let's break things down. One of those scenarios would kill you, while the other would do absolutely no harm whatsoever. Yet you suggest that the one that kills you has no impact whataoever on the environment, or on human health on a much grander scale because of what?? It magically just disappears into the atmosphere and floats off into space?

Remind me again who's drinking the kool-aid?

With that said, maybe we should focus on just the dollars and cents of it all because we're obviously world's away apart on the actual science of it all.

So let me ask you this. Why do you suppose that Ford and every other automobile company have jumped into EV production, many going in head first with everything they can muster??

Do you think they have another 10 years of business viability left running on a model of producing mostly just internal combustion engine vehicles? If you answer yes to that, I would ask that you actually justify that answer with some actual numbers and real world data.

So given that every new technology is extremely expensive to produce and buy during the early adoption phase, does it not good financial sense to try and subsidize something that eventually saves us a tremendous more on the back end over the long term? Kind of like the switch to LED bulbs? Or are you one of those folks that hoarded loads of 100W light bulbs before they were banned?

Speaking of light bulbs do you know what light bulbs and ICE cars have in common?

They are both better classified as HEATERS based on the REALITY of the amount and type of work they do.

That is to say that 90% of a conventional light bulbs energy goes into producing HEAT, while the 10% of light it actually produces is actually more of a byproduct.

An internal combustion engine produces something like 60% - 70% waste heat, and something like 30% - 40% actual locomotion. In fact the forward motion is really more of a byproduct.

They call those scientific facts by the way, and not hyperbole.

Yet you debate that electric vehicles are superior technology despite the fact that greater than 90% of the energy you put into them goes towards actually achieving its sole intended purpose of moving forward??

I would absolutely love to hear you explain the science of how electric vehicles are inferior tech!!

While your at it, maybe explain to me the logic of wanting to pay the premium your paying for your Mach-E GT order over an obviously cheaper ICE alternative when electric vehicles are clearly inferior tech??

Last edited:

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
They skewer Australia and Hawaii rather regularly. I've always found the videos rather amusing and worth watching.
That's because of all the kangaroos on Hawaii ?
Sponsored