Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Flex. 2022 MME premium RWD ER o 1/26/22
Occupation
RN
Country flag
I used to have a Flex too, I can totally see that
Very comfortable ride though. I still love that car. She is just getting long in the tooth. 13 years old.
Sponsored

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
I'm very happy with my car. It still puts you back in the seat, just not as hard as the AWD and AWD ER.

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Yeah, in Metro Detroit, so roads are never too bad, usually just slushy after the plows and some tracks are made. I've found just driving a RWD gently is no big deal around here. If I were in Marquette, no way. Explorer lease will be turned in for the Mach E. My daughter does have another AWD vehicle in the household if needed.

I do most of my road tripping in the summer so hoping I can get away with a RWD and just be careful, or get winter tires if I have to. Bummer that ER AWDs are no longer order-able, as that would probably be my first choice. But I'm not planning on keeping this Mach E long term. Doing the Ford Options plan and plan to dump and try out the next greatest iteration at that time.
Depending of your lease contract and agree price you may want too buy it out and trade it in. Used cars are gold currently

OP
OP
DarkStang

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
Depending of your lease contract and agree price you may want too buy it out and trade it in. Used cars are gold currently
I’ve definitely been considering that. I am way under on miles. Only have 8,900 miles after 17 months on a 24 month/10,500 year lease! Checked on Carvana and Edmunds and the used price is more than what I paid new!(after A plan and rebates). May just buy it and try to sell it off to Carvana or something else low hassle for a quick profit before I have to make monthly payments. Only thing I’m not sure about is if my residual purchase price includes sales tax and everything, which may cut my profit margin down. Obviously a private buyer would get the most, but such a pain.

Fordmaybe

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No ford yet
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I’ve definitely been considering that. I am way under on miles. Only have 8,900 miles after 17 months on a 24 month/10,500 year lease! Checked on Carvana and Edmunds and the used price is more than what I paid new!(after A plan and rebates). May just buy it and try to sell it off to Carvana or something else low hassle for a quick profit before I have to make monthly payments. Only thing I’m not sure about is if my residual purchase price includes sales tax and everything, which may cut my profit margin down. Obviously a private buyer would get the most, but such a pain.
Any profit is good is my thinking

DrJay32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.luminescentphoto.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
I have a Select SR RWD on order. Seems like it is enough to fit my purposes. I am not really looking for a high-performance vehicle, more looking at the efficiency as a family hauler. However, I don't want it to feel like an absolute dog either. Unfortunately, I was never able to drive a RWD in person, but have watched some video reviews where it seems peppy enough.

I was able to test drive an ER AWD, and I was really happy with the acceleration and performance, much more than I need. Obviously a SR RWD will not match up to that, but if it's even close to the 5.8s 0-60 (with rollout) they are claiming, that seems well enough for me. I'm currently driving a 2021 Explorer AWD with the 2.3L Ecoboost. It's not super fast, but I think it's quick enough, high 6 seconds I believe. If it felt more fun and less laggy than my turbo Explorer, I'd be happy with that.

Any SR RWD owners out there that care to share their experiences? More from the perspective of "quick" car that's fun to drive around and not an absolute slog. I know it's not going to wow any passengers like a Tesla or anything like that.
I test drove a RWD Select earlier this week. It was absolutely zippy. I’m currently driving a 2014 Escape 2.0L EcoBoost turbo, and the MME acceleration was INSTANT.

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I had a lease on BMW and negotiated an early return and BMW paid me 3K to do so. Or maybe you can do it one shot as a trade since both cars are Ford.

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
Thanks for all the great answers everyone! Love hearing these stories. I know it’s hard to compare specs to ICE. My Explorer is fun overall, but the turbo lag is brutal. It hits hard in Sport mode, but it takes a good half second to respond to any input. That’s what I loved about the Mach E’s electric motor when I test drove, it was pretty much instant and smooth the whole way. Very linear.

If the SR RWD isn’t a huge step down from the ER AWD I tested, that sounds good. Just didn’t want to be disappointed with something that felt slow and heavy.
I don't know what the rebate regulation is in MI, but in PA, the car had to be below $50k to get a $750 rebate. That meant I pay $5000 for the battery and lose the $750 rebate. I went with the SR battery. I have no regrets.
I have asked people with RWD to post about how the MME RWD behaves on snowy roads. No one really posted about it. There are some awesome You tube vids where the RWD Tesla does very well in snowy roads. Alas, noth

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
We test drove a RWD Premium and ordered an AWD CA Route 1. There's practically no difference in the range of the AWD and RWD CA Route 1, so we went with AWD. We live on a hill and have encountered some issues with RWD and FWD vehicles making it up the hill in the snow when we didn't have our winter tires on.

We really liked the performance of the RWD Premium, but: 1) didn't want to spend the money on a Premium; 2) wanted the range of the CA Route 1; 3) wanted AWD for our few, but massive, snow storms (we often hit the list of the top 10 snowiest cities in the US).

The RWD Select will perform just fine...unless you think you'll be playing at being a race car driver.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've had 3 other mustangs: 2 stick shift and my most recent was a v6 automatic that got replaced by the Mach E. By comparison my ER RWD is probably a bit quicker off the line than the ICE with the automatic in "drive" but a tad less peppy off the line than the v6 in "sport". It's probably the weight of the ER battery but from a stop there is still a little delay in getting off the line - but once you're moving if you floor it the acceleration is instant.

I had originally ordered a SR RWD but got the boss to agree to an upgrade to the ER RWD; if I were you I'd stick with the RWD. You'll want as much range as you can get in winter, and as others have mentioned snow tires will do a good job on the RWD.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I've had 3 other mustangs: 2 stick shift and my most recent was a v6 automatic that got replaced by the Mach E. By comparison my ER RWD is probably a bit quicker off the line than the ICE with the automatic in "drive" but a tad less peppy off the line than the v6 in "sport". It's probably the weight of the ER battery but from a stop there is still a little delay in getting off the line - but once you're moving if you floor it the acceleration is instant.

I had originally ordered a SR RWD but got the boss to agree to an upgrade to the ER RWD; if I were you I'd stick with the RWD. You'll want as much range as you can get in winter, and as others have mentioned snow tires will do a good job on the RWD.
Interesting.

“Drive” and “sport” in an automatic ICE Mustang should accelerate the exact same when you floor it.

OP
OP
DarkStang

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
I had a lease on BMW and negotiated an early return and BMW paid me 3K to do so. Or maybe you can do it one shot as a trade since both cars are Ford.
Yeah, if the times lined up right for my order and my lease turn in, I was hoping for something like that. But not likely to be that lucky for timing. The dealer already told me they’d buy out my lease right now (not a pull ahead) and give me the equity, but they can only do that up till 120 days till lease end. Within 120 days of lease end, Ford Credit will not allow any “third party” buyouts on their leases. If by some miracle my Mach E order came in this summer before that window, that would be awesome to take their offer and plop some extra cash towards the Mach E!

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Selling privately or via Carvana/CarFax/Vroom will get you a lot more than trading it in. Yes, you need to pay off the lease first. The payoff amount is clearly listed in the contract, along with the fee. Yes, you need to pay sales tax on that number. I came out $6,540 ahead of the dealer's trade-in offer on my Fusion Energi.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I only test drove a GT, I felt that was the minimum for me, most of the cars I owned were fast, Charger RT, Lexus GS, Corvette, with the Charger, I always regret not getting the 6.4L, so when I ordered my Bronco, I went V6, when I finally test drove the 2.3L I was happy I went V6, I like fast cars, so getting anything less than the GT was a compromise for me that I didn't want to take, I am actually worried that the GT could be slow, compared to M3P and if under any circumstance I find the GT too fast or the difference isn't big, then I have CA RT1 and Premium both ER AWD on order as well, so I can always sell the GT and downgrade.

I like to have all the options on the table.
For someone driving Explorer with the 2.3 engine, any Mach E you buy will be fast for you.
Sponsored