Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You are correct. People never said to me, when I had ICE vehicles, that engine will be no good in 5-8 years. WTH?
Maybe you should be saying that to random ICE owners now. "Nice Porsche... hope you don't have to replace in the engine in 5 years."
Sponsored

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It's funny, I haven't had a comment yet about battery longevity. I've had insane discussions about how "electric isn't actually better for the environment". One of by friend's boyfriend's tried to say that his 94 Cummins diesel was about as environmentally friendly.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I don't think they will fix your issue if you keep bringing them lunch! haha

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Honestly the negativity I get is half the fun of the car! I had a Leaf and a Bolt prior NO ONE commented, no one realized they were electric...And always remember "haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate, shake it off..." or "they hate us cause they aint us..."

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I even have otherwise progressive friends who are constantly naysayers. They post some fallacy which I promptly squish, and then they move on to another. Change is hard. I get it. Even after the dealer came to an agreement with us almost exactly where we wanted to be on our MME purchase, I needed a few minutes to finally pull the trigger. So let's just keep spreading the good word and hope that barriers will continue to come down.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Love hospice nurses! I think if you follow Ford recs on battery charging you will be fine.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Hilarious and I hope you have a better day today. Thank you for the work you do …people who carry our loved ones into the next life are the first angels of their future.

Jes sayin. A difficult job, but gratifying I bet. Your colleagues have helped me and my family.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I even have otherwise progressive friends who are constantly naysayers. They post some fallacy which I promptly squish, and then they move on to another. Change is hard. I get it. Even after the dealer came to an agreement with us almost exactly where we wanted to be on our MME purchase, I needed a few minutes to finally pull the trigger. So let's just keep spreading the good word and hope that barriers will continue to come down.
I agree people naturally resist change. That is human nature. But a lot of what people are saying has truth behind it.

I am not saying that a 1950s diesel truck has a similar impact on the environment as a brand new MME, but it is a fact that any 5,000 pound object that you move from point A to point B is going to impact the environment. In fact, BEVs have some environmental impacts that ICE cars do not have, and they should not be shrugged off. And when people bring up those valid issues, we should not just discount them.

The MME is a fast car that uses a lot of energy. It is debatable whether or not a SMART car (that tiny death trap) has less of an environmental impact than my MME. I bet a SMART car has less of an impact. Or a motorcycle. I am sure a motorcycle has significantly less of an environmental impact than my MME.

Some of these posts sound a little arrogant, like those ICE driving idiots don't know anything and we are so smart. I don't agree with that at all.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
"I sent lunch to the service department..." "I'm a hospice nurse..."

Thank you for the work you do, and for how you care about people. Yes, there are a lot of jerks in the world, but what they don't know is that you may be the one caring for them too in their last days and you'll still be doing it because that's the kind of person you are. I hope today is a better day.

Hugs from San Francisco.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Hope today goes better than yesterday 1663778479698

We should start a "Most outlandish, Outrageous, Angry or Baffling Comments About the Mach-e" Thread.

I had a lady block my MME while I was trying to back up by standing behind the car one time who bgean yelling about the beeping hurt her ears and how it wasn't a mustang.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Thank you! I’m a home hospice nurse.
Wow! I have a lot of respect for you - that is a challenging job!
Thank you for the work you do, and for how you care about people. Yes, there are a lot of jerks in the world, but what they don't know is that you may be the one caring for them too in their last days and you'll still be doing it because that's the kind of person you are. I hope today is a better day.
What these guys said. My sister and I relied upon people just like you over the past year or so during the course of my Dad's final illness. Thanks. They didn't drive a mach-e though. ;)

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I had a lady block my MME while I was trying to back up by standing behind the car one time who bgean yelling about the beeping hurt her ears and how it wasn't a mustang.
I turned my beeping off. So she would love my car. 😂

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
We don't have our MME yet, and the Focus Electric rides under the radar because 99.9% of people have no idea it's electric. Even that .1% is mainly just people that aren't paying attention and are surprised when a car is sitting waiting for them to look up from their phone and finish walking across the parking lot or whatever since the Focus doesn't make any noise, artificial or otherwise.

Anyway, in conversations about EVs with some, like my dad, it almost always comes down to, "EVs aren't going to work, the infrastructure can't handle it, look at California!", and it is just exhausting. I have tried going over the reality of the situation, how lack of investment in infrastructure isn't the EVs fault, or the more realistic discussion on how EVs aren't charging 24/7 and in some ways would be beneficial if set to charge during non-peak times since electric companies can account for the demand. Or the really great YouTube video I watched where they discussed the real impact if everyone went to EVs on overall grid load, and how much of that would be offset if we were able to shut down fossil fuel refineries, which require massive power themselves.

It's a complicated issue, and there ARE infrastructure concerns. But they are there even without EVs. EVs, in some places, may just make the impact more obvious, but it's all solvable. These people just have their talking point and will run with it regardless of anything.
Sponsored