IT
Country flag

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 1 2021 Mach-E (SR AWD)
Country flag
We the consumers need to continue to put pressure on and call out dealers doing this practice. It's not like Ford is going to hire someone to monitor web sites and individual dealer lots for signs of ADM.

OP
OP

Mi2Fl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e
Country flag
The communication was targeted 100% towards the F150 EV reservations and said nothing about the any of the other lineups. This article was more on an opinion piece as so is your post. Dealer games will persist until Ford really goes after them for any and all shady business practices. Sure they can change allocations but doubt that will last long.

I think it was used as an example. I don't think the actual model matters as much as the business practices he is frowing upon. There are never guarantees, but I'll be using this to apply pressure to getting the adm my dealer wanted to levy on it down to what I felt was reasonable.

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in
Country flag
Doesn't look like it will make much difference, I just got a quote from Galpin Ford for an Escape PHEV with a $3,000 ADM. The sales person said they would not take MSRP for this car. It's not just Ford dealers though, I have been looking at the Kia Niro. I got two quotes one that wanted a $5,000 ADM and another that wanted $9,000. I can understand Galpin, it's early in the month and they only have 2 in their inventory. The Kia dealership shows 26 Niro EVs in their inventory so they don't appear to be a super short supply.

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doesn't look like it will make much difference, I just got a quote from Galpin Ford for an Escape PHEV with a $3,000 ADM. The sales person said they would not take MSRP for this car. It's not just Ford dealers though, I have been looking at the Kia Niro. I got two quotes one that wanted a $5,000 ADM and another that wanted $9,000. I can understand Galpin, it's early in the month and they only have 2 in their inventory. The Kia dealership shows 26 Niro EVs in their inventory so they don't appear to be a super short supply.
DCH Ford in Thousand Oaks has some in inventory but they have a $7,500 ADM. I really want to change my car but not at those mark-ups. I'm still waiting to hear from the VW dealerships in the area that have Id.4 in inventory.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think it was used as an example. I don't think the actual model matters as much as the business practices he is frowing upon. There are never guarantees, but I'll be using this to apply pressure to getting the adm my dealer wanted to levy on it down to what I felt was reasonable.
Wish you luck!

The dealer mentality from my experience is that Ford is only focusing on the F-150 with that statement.

Business as usual.

evfinder

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wish you luck!

The dealer mentality from my experience is that Ford is only focusing on the F-150 with that statement.

Business as usual.
I decided to bite the bullet and place an order for Grabber Blue Mach-e Select. Galpin Ford said they would honor MSRP on Mach-e orders but I have still to get that in writing. Now the wait begins.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I decided to bite the bullet and place an order for Grabber Blue Mach-e Select. Galpin Ford said they would honor MSRP on Mach-e orders but I have still to get that in writing. Now the wait begins.
Welcome to the family!

Many dealers are offering MSRP on customer orders, much different story when stock or a cancellation.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
ADM will go away when the economy returns to normal. Supply is less than demand. Very simple principal.

What I read in that statement was not ADM in general, but Ford having an issue with dealers marking up cars/trucks which are ordered online. Especially when the ADM is a surprise to the customer.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
ADM will go away when the economy returns to normal. Supply is less than demand. Very simple principal.

What I read in that statement was not ADM in general, but Ford having an issue with dealers marking up cars/trucks which are ordered online. Especially when the ADM is a surprise to the customer.
Yes all true and Ford was making a future statement. Dealers don’t mess with customer orders on the 150.

ADM is here till cars return to the lots and aren’t in such high demand. Really no guess work, if you don’t need a car then wait, need one right now expect ADM or MSRP. Want but no rush then place an order at MSRP or XPLAN which is not that difficult to do. Get everything in writing and on dealer paper.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I talked to a Ford dealer near "my dealer", Orange County, CA. (My dealer says they'll honor the "pre-price rise guarantee" and no AMD.) They had a couple GT on the lot and said there was $10K markup on them, $5K markup on all other MME. When I mentioned CEO Farley's expressed intention to "punish" dealers who add outrageous markup, sales guy just shrugged and said that's over his head, i.e. he does what his boss says: markup stands. Anyway, with suspension of Cuautitilan assembly plant, my 196-day predicted delivery date just went to 280 or beyond.

ps I also visited KIA for EV6 and Hyundai for Ioniq 5 regarding ADM policy and likely wait time. Neither take orders but each would take contact info in the unlikely event my preferred model happened to be shipped to them and wasn't already taken. Both imposed very large dealer markups and would not offer any sort of price guarantee. Ioniq 5 is arriving at these dealers, although obligated already. EV6 hasn't arrived but first flush may be at this dealer next month. My wait period is likely to be long and "open ended".

mrguyana

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
ADM over $2k of MSRP is ridiculous, particularly if you ordered using ford.com and was redirected to a dealership. Besides greed, what exactly is the dealership doing for you to earn the ADM? It took my dealership several months to finally get the online portal to reflect what I ordered and like most I found out about my build date from the portal.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag

I'm starting to think the economy and supply chain isn't going to back to normal anytime soon and we're looking at more like mid 2023 or 2024 now.

Pretty much all inventory for EVs are spoken for in 2022 already so there is too much of a supply imbalance. Even with enough batteries produced domestically, we're missing sensors, chips.
Sponsored