Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Not sure what to say spent $63,000 on a car that is not even close in range. Don’t understand how Ford can advertise 270 I can’t even get 170. I know it’s cold out. Car sits in a heated garage at night what else can a guy do?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Horrible mileage GT 99B95223-8EDA-4E5A-AE36-5D5EBB0B98F6
I
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Charge to 100% and then drive it down to 50% and report how many miles traveled. That will give you a better idea of your actual range for the current weather conditions and your driving style.

With that info, we can offer some tips to increase your usable range.

GadgetTech

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E Primium Shadow Black
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Welcome fellow Iowan to the Joys of a BEV in Iowa. I've owned Three BEV living in Iowa and every year its the same with all of them. As much as it sucks, especially having a GT, you really have drive the speed limit, limit the E heat as much as possible and take main roads as much as possible to get the best range. It also doesn't help the crazy wind we have had the last few days... Number one killer on EV's is speed followed by using the E heat and I know the I80 drivers want to make you use the go juice but sometimes we just have to set the cruise at 65 and let everyone get glad in the same pants they got mad in.

Edit: Also, all the pre-condition you can muster. If you have a 9-5, you can set a schedule and be nice a toasty.

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Not sure what to say spent $63,000 on a car that is not even close in range. Don’t understand how Ford can advertise 270 I can’t even get 170. I know it’s cold out. Car sits in a heated garage at night what else can a guy do?
I have pretty much ignored the range estimate my GT gives me since the day I picked it up and drove it home. It has NEVER been correct. Besides the realization that winter range is worse, I hope you love your GT as much as I love mine. It is such a great car.

If you want to understand why you are getting that range estimate, read the posts and the entire threads at the following two links. There is a lot of information there that helps explain why you see what you see, and why you should pretty much ignore it.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/shouldnt-my-display-read-270-100.12589/
https://www.macheforum.com/site/posts/297977/

RustyScrew17

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Mine gets about the same, but I've never really driven it to maximize mileage. I'm certain you could get the advertised miles if you take the fun out of the drive.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Yeah, that is about what we are getting in ours and is as expected. 40 percent cold weather range reduction and another 10 percent for highway driving means a max range of 130 to 140 miles in the winter.

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Im in the same boat my premium awd standard is getting half the usual range and im regretting my purchase. Make it even worse is when you DCFC the battery takes forever to heat up so you won't even get a good charging speed.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Im in the same boat my premium awd standard is getting half the usual range and im regretting my purchase. Make it even worse is when you DCFC the battery takes forever to heat up so you won't even get a good charging speed.
Sorry to hear that. I love my car, even in the winter.

Keep in mind that you can drive conservatively and use less heat to minimize the impact. It might not end up being as bad as you worry it will. Drive like grandma, put the heat on 67 and the fan on low, and see what you get for actual range. Ignore the GOM, calculate your actual range. I bet you will be better off than you think, and surely better off than what the GOM says.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Pro tip - don’t buy a performance vehicle and complain about fuel efficiency.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Two words: winter

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. I love my car, even in the winter.

Keep in mind that you can drive conservatively and use less heat to minimize the impact. It might not end up being as bad as you worry it will. Drive like grandma, put the heat on 67 and the fan on low, and see what you get for actual range. Ignore the GOM, calculate your actual range. I bet you will be better off than you think, and surely better off than what the GOM says.
Yeah I pretty much only run the seat warmers on level 2 and the heated steering wheel I only use the e heat when my legs get really cold or something. I feel like ford should have gave us a heat pump as an option but as far as driving the car is pretty good its just the software side is disappointing and some other things that I've learned in my about 9 months of owning the car.
Sponsored