Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I live in Minneapolis. 25 below zero today with the wind today. 150 range with pre conditioning.

Range I'm not so mad about. The fact the heater can't do much in this weather is frustrating though.
I'm in the twin cities also... my GOM range has never gone over 120 @ 90% charge. I also precondition... but I also goose the throttle often. The car never leaves unbridled mode!
Sponsored

ArticEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR RWD
Country flag
What were your charge times when you made stops? We road tripped and had to make 2 stops each way in the summer, and each one was about 30-40 minutes. I just worry if we do it in the winter that will turn into 3 stops and over an hour each.
In winter typically 180mi or so between DC charging stops builds up enough heat in the battery and systems to make charging speeds close to normal. Would like to hear if it's the same for Mach-E, but I would imagine so. DC charging is 50x more power than the onboard heaters in most EVs.

NmbrsNvrLie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I had a First Edition and traded it for a GT. Range has dropped off quite a bit. Sure it’s partially weather, but I’m hard pressed to get north of 2.5 miles per kw where I was consistently averaging 3.3 with my First Edition. I’m only moderately aggressive on the throttle and don’t speed much.

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
40F exterior temp for the trip going downhill the first 10 miles. 55 degrees the return trip. No rain or snow and barely any wind.
Climate was always set at 69, no seat heat.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I am expecting more than 230 miles from 88kwh of usable battery with these conditions. The problem is not the cold, it is the efficiency at highway speeds
that is still cold for one way. Plus this is worst case guess o meter. It basically looks at your previous month and than guesses range based on conditions and driving habits. Thats all its doing. When I first started it was really cold like 20s or even 10s and it would for the month tell me 190-200 at 100%. Then after the month was up it went up to 220-240 in those same conditions. Basically predicting worst case for the first month until it knew my kwh average overall for that month.

The nice temps are in the 70s. Once you hit summer you are likely to see even more range. Its suppose to finall get a few days in the high 50s and low 60s here and then back in 40s. Can't wait till next month.

I would recommend driving around 70s on the freeway. That extra 5 doesn't really make a whole lot of difference in destination time but you are likely to get even better range at 70.

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
I had a First Edition and traded it for a GT. Range has dropped off quite a bit. Sure it’s partially weather, but I’m hard pressed to get north of 2.5 miles per kw where I was consistently averaging 3.3 with my First Edition. I’m only moderately aggressive on the throttle and don’t speed much.
In the city I can average over 3.0 on my GT even if the weather is in the high 40s. My wife is all over the place lol. I don't care so I let her roll the way she wants its her car. But right now the is having fun with it but I drive it like my Jeep Cherokee L lol. 70s on the freeway and just chill drive in the cities, I stopped hitting the gas after a first few days when I was playing around with it. Now when it was freezing cold last month it was little worst. But we always remote start and heat up the cabin, that helps alot before leaving everytime.

I do expect to get more in summer kinda sucks it isn't in the high 50s already.

nitinkumar00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, Mach e
Country flag
Yeah I pretty much only run the seat warmers on level 2 and the heated steering wheel I only use the e heat when my legs get really cold or something. I feel like ford should have gave us a heat pump as an option but as far as driving the car is pretty good its just the software side is disappointing and some other things that I've learned in my about 9 months of owning the car.
I have noticed this car retains heat really well, much better than any other car I have been in. My wife even mentioned it and she is always cold due to anemia, so I was surprised even she felt that. There have been times when temp is in 30s outside and we can drive 30 mins without even turning on heat as long as we remote start it and let it heat up the cabin.
Sponsored