JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
My grabber blue MMe is like dating a super hot girl that’s annoying AF.

I love the way it looks and appreciate its range, but when meeting my “Ford” friend who has owned a Boss 302 for decades, I had to tell him, “No, first you have to open the rear door then you push the button on the front door and it will open.” Jeez
Sponsored

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
A wise man once said “Show me an extremely beautiful woman, and I’ll show you the man that is tired of putting up with her bull[expletive deleted]”. His point was that everyone has flaws, and everyone has limits for how many flaws they are willing to deal with.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Wait, you can't just open the front doors, you HAVE to open to back door first then the front door?!?!?

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Im wondering how long it will take some aftermarket provider to produce a rear door pull that matches the front one.
3m double sided aircraft tape? or gorilla glue ?
Im for gorilla glue !

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag

I love the way it looks and appreciate its range, but when meeting my “Ford” friend who has owned a Boss 302 for decades, I had to tell him, “No, first you have to open the rear door then you push the button on the front door and it will open.” Jeez
And here I am annoyed that I have to open the front door before the rear opens about 30% of the time...

Last edited:
OP
OP
JSW

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
At least there‘s an actual fix for that problem, unlike other relationship issues. ?
Except that at least 1 forum member has his car incapacitated as a result of the fix….

OP
OP
JSW

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait, you can't just open the front doors, you HAVE to open to back door first then the front door?!?!?
Correct, but at least it’s only the passenger side now

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

What are you talking about ?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Im wondering how long it will take some aftermarket provider to produce a rear door pull that matches the front one.
3m double sided aircraft tape? or gorilla glue ?
Im for gorilla glue !
Why? There’s already a “pull” there for the rear door!

OP
OP
JSW

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is a growing problem among owners - the doors stop responding unless/until a particular door is opened first. My Doors worked fine for 3 months and then, B A M, out of no where I began to experience this known issue.

The problem is, after getting it “fixed,” with a known software “patch,” some forum members had their MMe rendered inoperable, while others have reported the problem continues to recur post-fix. This is why I’m hesitant to get a fix that is possibly temporary and carries with it a remote risk having my MMe rendered inoperable.

While annoying, at least it still runs…

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It is a growing problem among owners - the doors stop responding unless/until a particular door is opened first. My Doors worked fine for 3 months and then, B A M, out of no where I began to experience this known issue.

The problem is, after getting it “fixed,” with a known software “patch,” some forum members had their MMe rendered inoperable, while others have reported the problem continues to recur post-fix. This is why I’m hesitant to get a fix that is possibly temporary and carries with it a remote risk having my MMe rendered inoperable.

While annoying, at least it still runs…
Correct. Some people don’t know about this problem because they haven’t been bitten by it. Yet. I’ve been living with this latest iteration (can’t open driver door unless I open a different door or use the fob/keypad) for the past two weeks, and I’ve got to wait until next Friday until my service appointment.

Yes, owning this car is like dating a hot girl who drives you just a little crazy sometimes. But I married one so I guess I didn’t learn.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
<snip>
Yes, owning this car is like dating a hot girl who drives you just a little crazy sometimes. But I married one so I guess I didn’t learn.
Hah! I was about to marry one and she smartened up.

NoVAguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
This thread makes no sense. I open whatever door I want in any order. Love the design.
There's a whole thread about this issue created by @Mirak.

I'm having this same problem as well, I posted a video of my experience on Mirak's thread where you can see the what everyone here is talking about. I haven't made an appointment just yet though.
Sponsored

Last edited: