Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord EXLN Hybrid
Occupation
Retired / Relaxing to the max.
Country flag
So, What is the verdict for the Pano roof in FL's hot and steamy climate? . Also, how does the A/C impact overall range?
Sponsored

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
So, What is the verdict for the Pano roof in FL's hot and steamy climate? . Also, how does the A/C impact overall range?
Seems to be just fine here in very hot but not steamy AZ. :cool:

Cgertz

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, MME AWD ER, ID4
Occupation
Technical support engineer
Country flag
Drove from Washington state to Florida, highest temp was around 112, even managed a tropical storm in Atlanta. No issues with cabin temperature, AC worked great and no heat radiating from the roof, it did get hot to the touch from inside though.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Hard to tell with all of the rain we are getting? A/C does not seem to effect the range all that much. We live up on a hill close to Bok Tower. I noticed yesterday that I only got 2.8 mile per KWh on a 3 mile trip mostly downhill but coming back I got 4.1 mile per kWh using the same route!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
On a short trip at slower speeds, the AC will certainly account for a higher percentage of your usage, but in that case it doesn't matter. I don't live in Florida but here in NJ at 90 - 95 degree temps with the AC set for 72, but for the few hour plus trips on the highway at 72mph the AC used between 3 and 6 percent.

OP
OP

JimmyL

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord EXLN Hybrid
Occupation
Retired / Relaxing to the max.
Country flag
Hard to tell with all of the rain we are getting? A/C does not seem to effect the range all that much. We live up on a hill close to Bok Tower. I noticed yesterday that I only got 2.8 mile per KWh on a 3 mile trip mostly downhill but coming back I got 4.1 mile per kWh using the same route!
I live in Kissimmee. Since I'm considering the premium AWD, my only concern is living with a pano roof without a sun shade. What is your opinion if you have a pano roof.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I live in Kissimmee. Since I'm considering the premium AWD, my only concern is living with a pano roof without a sun shade. What is your opinion if you have a pano roof.
Personally I don’t think a pano roof sunshade is necessary! We had a pano roof sunshade in our C-Max but very rarely used it and we had that car for 7 years! The Pano roof in our MME seems to block the heat well and the ac quickly cools the interior and we chose the dark black! However, I do use a sunshade for the windshield. Got a cheap one at Walmart that fits well and we can slip it between the seats.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
We drove across the Mojave Desert with temps hitting 120 degrees on Saturday. The A/C kept the car cool the whole time. The glass roof was very hot if you touched it, but I did not feel the heat from the sun on my head. I've thought about ordering the shade for the roof, but after this weekend I doubt I will.

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
We drove across the Mojave Desert with temps hitting 120 degrees on Saturday. The A/C kept the car cool the whole time. The glass roof was very hot if you touched it, but I did not feel the heat from the sun on my head. I've thought about ordering the shade for the roof, but after this weekend I doubt I will.
Have you or anyone else found a way to lock the Climate Controls?

It never stays on my settings: 74 degrees + Auto'1,2,or3' + AC + Recirc

During long drives removes the Recirc adds E-Heat.... between drives it does the same. I've even verified my PAAK, Seat Memory setting and personal Icon before starting our/my trips... very frustrating.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Have you or anyone else found a way to lock the Climate Controls?

It never stays on my settings: 74 degrees + Auto'1,2,or3' + AC + Recirc

During long drives removes the Recirc adds E-Heat.... between drives it does the same. I've even verified my PAAK, Seat Memory setting and personal Icon before starting our/my trips... very frustrating.
Some SYNC settings aren't persisting across drive cycles. This is the same for all of us until it gets fixed.

One trick that may help is to remote start the vehicle before getting in. Doing this, it's far more likely that recirc will be on (and e-heat off) when you sit down and start the vehicle.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
To each his own, but far as I’m concerned this is all that we needed for sunshade.

F2427B2D-BB0E-48B4-8314-8D37A24AFB16.jpeg

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Personally, I've noticed that while the A/C spins up like *crazy* for the first couple minutes of the drive, so efficiency might suffer on very short trips (≈5 miles or so). But on a longer drive it doesn't seem to have much effect at all.

The glass pano roof is pretty dark and filters out UV, and doesn't feel hot at all. But it does NOT filter out all IR light, which is why it has some (but not a terrible) effect on the interior temperature if you park in the sun all day in a hot locale. I've found the sunshade with reflector to help keep the interior temperature down somewhat for those sunny summer parking days. But for driving, it's not necessary at all.
Sponsored