John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just placed my order at the dealer yesterday, so wondering how to track? Seems a common question, a FAQ, so how about some real savvy person put together a primer for the rest of us on the process that works from order placement to delivery? Include links to tracking sites and we can save it as a sticky (I looked for one, no joy).
Sponsored

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I ordered on May 24th and was told by the dealership that once a VIN is produced, I should get an email and be able to track progress. I read on this forum that typically takes a month or so for that to happen, could be longer.

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Can you see your order on Ford.com? If so, you can extract your VIN from that webpage using the developer options. Unfortunately it's not good for much until your car has a window sticker. Which isn't until about a week before your production date. Ford.com is your only source of info till then.

dw0095

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
If in palsapp it says Origin "Kansas City" does that mean the car has made it at least to Kansas City from Mexico? The Destination is not filled in just has a -

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
If in palsapp it says Origin "Kansas City" does that mean the car has made it at least to Kansas City from Mexico? The Destination is not filled in just has a -
No. It may still be in Mexico. It may be en route as well. The black hole of information is in effect after one of the forum trackers says it's shipped. Palsapp might (probably not though) give you a timely glimpse at its progress around KC. Your best bet is always a Vehicle Visibility report from your dealer.

Everything originates in KC as far as Jack Copper is concerned. The rest of the journey (again as far as Jack Cooper is concerned) will begin populating at some point after your car arrives at the KCS depot in KC. That may take a few days, or longer. Then you might get an update on Palsapp or you might not. And JC might not be dealing with any other part of your car's journey beyond moving it between railroad yards in the KC Mo and KC, Ks areas.

Palsapp causes mental derangements. ;)

dw0095

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
No. It may still be in Mexico. It may be en route as well. The black hole of information is in effect after one of the forum trackers says it's shipped. Palsapp might (probably not though) give you a timely glimpse at its progress around KC. Your best bet is always a Vehicle Visibility report from your dealer.

Everything originates in KC as far as Jack Copper is concerned. The rest of the journey (again as far as Jack Cooper is concerned) will begin populating at some point after your car arrives at the KCS depot in KC. That may take a few days, or longer. Then you might get an update on Palsapp or you might not. And JC might not be dealing with any other part of your car's journey beyond moving it between railroad yards in the KC Mo and KC, Ks areas.

Palsapp causes mental derangements. ;)
Thank you for that informative reply - I got very lucky with my Mach E as I didn't order it because I knew I would not be able to wait the full order, build, transport time frame so I had called all the local dealers in my area and said if you have an order that falls through or any unclaimed MMEs, please call me...and they did! This one was ordered by the dealership and they offered it to me.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can you see your order on Ford.com? If so, you can extract your VIN from that webpage using the developer options. Unfortunately it's not good for much until your car has a window sticker. Which isn't until about a week before your production date. Ford.com is your only source of info till then.
Ford.com where? That's a huge site, details, please.

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
...Everything originates in KC as far as Jack Copper is concerned. The rest of the journey (again as far as Jack Cooper is concerned) will begin populating at some point after your car arrives at the KCS depot in KC. That may take a few days, or longer. Then you might get an update on Palsapp or you might not. And JC might not be dealing with any other part of your car's journey beyond moving it between railroad yards in the KC Mo and KC, Ks areas."

See this is what I mean...posters use these inside baseball terms, and nobody ever lays out a process.

Who is Jack Cooper/Copper??? What in the world is Palsapp???

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
...Everything originates in KC as far as Jack Copper is concerned. The rest of the journey (again as far as Jack Cooper is concerned) will begin populating at some point after your car arrives at the KCS depot in KC. That may take a few days, or longer. Then you might get an update on Palsapp or you might not. And JC might not be dealing with any other part of your car's journey beyond moving it between railroad yards in the KC Mo and KC, Ks areas."

See this is what I mean...posters use these inside baseball terms, and nobody ever lats out a process.

Who is Jack Cooper/Copper??? What in the world is Palsapp???
There is no transit process for us to follow as far as the final customer is concerned. Transit wise, we’re no more than third parties poking our noses into places best not delved into.

Jack Cooper does most of the truck hauling of new automobiles for various manufacturers in the USA, including Ford. They are the one’s who will move your car around Kansas City to get it from the KCS (Kansas City Southern Railroad) yard to where it needs to be for its next leg of the journey. Sometimes they’ll also haul it to its destination if that’s not too far away. And upon occasion, they will pick it up at a depot in another part of the country and haul it to the dealer.

Jack Cooper is a very large company and has been doing this for an extremely long time.

Palsapp.com is their webpage that might show their movement of your car to be around the two Kansas City areas and occasionally for other parts if the country. It doesn’t reflect the Mexico to USA transit though. Palsapp is not real-time, it’s not at all obvious about what it means, and it can lag real-time by weeks occasionally. It is not your friend.

Keep in mind that tracking wise, you’re not a party to the transportation contracts. That’s Ford and someone else. You’re a third party and these companies, whether those are KCS, Union Pacific, BNSF, Jack Cooper, or Pasha, will not have a clue who you are or why you want to know about a particular piece of freight. We’re not even the consignee. While we all want to know where the car is at any given time, there’s virtually no way of knowing that in semi-real time. Palsapp gives you an opportunity to have an old, mostly meaningless glimpse to where your car might have been.

The best bet for tracking your car is to ask your dealer for the vehicle visibility report. Every dealer has access to that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford.com/buy/mach-e/manage.html

Nope --- just info on HOW to order a Ford...

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Ford Focus ST, ‘21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Ford.com/buy/mach-e/manage.html

Nope --- just info on HOW to order a Ford...
If you create a login and have an order number that’s where you can track the status leading up to shipment of your vehicle. That link brings you here:
Ford Mustang Mach-E How about order tracking basics? 8843582A-53ED-42E4-87E8-E419AAEBCA2E

P.S. I advise against being short with people taking time out of their day to answer your questions that have been asked and answered hundreds of times before on this very forum...

kmurraydesigns

First Name
Kaylin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Okay, hopefully, this answers most of your questions.

Having your VIN is really the most important piece, from there you can find out some information.

The trackers here, https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/ and here, https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/index.html#/details will give you the same information that ford's site will give you. I was never able to get Ford's site to work because I had a deposit on a stock vehicle but these both worked for me.

Jack Copper, the actual shipper of the vehicles from Mexico to Kansas City will allow you to track your car via the vin on their site: https://palsapp.com/ Depending on where in the country you are they may not be the ones transporting the vehicle from KS to you so after they take delivery in KS this site may stop updating.

Lastly, if you can get the dealer to tell you the rail car number (they might not be willing to give this to you/might not know it) you MAY be able to track that by calling that company but that doesn't always work.

All in it's a very frustrating process with a lot of unknowns, unfortunately.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
There is no transit process for us to follow as far as the final customer is concerned. Transit wise, we’re no more than third parties poking our noses into places best not delved into.

Jack Cooper does most of the truck hauling of new automobiles for various manufacturers in the USA, including Ford. They are the one who will move your car around Kansas City to get it from the KCS (Kansas City Southern Railroad) yard to where it needs to be for its next leg of the journey. Sometimes they’ll also haul it to its destination if that’s not too far away. And upon occasion, they will pick it up at a depot in another part of the country and haul it to the dealer.

Jack Cooper is a very large company and has been doing this for an extremely long time.

Palsapp.com is their webpage that might show their movement of your car to be. It’s not real-time, it’s not at all obvious about what it means and it can lag real-time by weeks occasionally. It is not your friend.

Keep in mind that tracking wise, you’re not a party to the transportation contracts. That’s Ford and someone else. You’re a third party and these companies, whether those are KCS, Union Pacific, BNSF, Jack Cooper, or Pasha, will not have a clue who you are or why you want to know about a particular piece of freight. We’re not even the consignee. While we all want to know where the car is at any given time, there’s virtually no way of knowing that in semi-real time. Palsapp gives you an opportunity to have an old, mostly meaningless glimpse to where your car might have been.

The best bet for tracking your car is to ask your dealer for the vehicle visibility report. Every dealer has access to that.
I can second that. My sales guy was good at tracking via VVR and had a good idea of when the car will arrive. So cool when it did!

OP
OP
Cobra427

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Okay, hopefully, this answers most of your questions.

Having your VIN is really the most important piece, from there you can find out some information.

The trackers here, https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/ and here, https://seg.fyi/mache-vin/index.html#/details will give you the same information that ford's site will give you. I was never able to get Ford's site to work because I had a deposit on a stock vehicle but these both worked for me.

Jack Copper, the actual shipper of the vehicles from Mexico to Kansas City will allow you to track your car via the vin on their site: https://palsapp.com/ Depending on where in the country you are they may not be the ones transporting the vehicle from KS to you so after they take delivery in KS this site may stop updating.

Lastly, if you can get the dealer to tell you the rail car number (they might not be willing to give this to you/might not know it) you MAY be able to track that by calling that company but that doesn't always work.

All in it's a very frustrating process with a lot of unknowns, unfortunately.
Thank you, Kaylin, that's what I was looking for. I bookmarked your post.
Sponsored