How are GTPE owners liking the seats after a bit of time with them?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I rent a GT PE (have a Premium AWD extended) and was torn with the seats. I have the chance to get one with no ADM (just crappy LoJack $1.3k) but am undecided on the seats and the material. I loved how they held me WAY better than the Premiums but the shoulder bolsters seem to poke me in the back when resting my arm on the center console. Does anyone else get this? Also, when I reach my hand to check if my back is flush against the seat, it seems like my shoulders aren't even flush with the seat, does this mean I am just not fitting correctly?

The material on the doors and seats also doesn't seem like it'll age well. If you use any product on it, it would start to get rough or look weird. Any feedback thus far?

It was an absolute blast to drive and the no bounciness would be amazing, but if I can't sit in it, ahhh! I definitely understand what people mean now when they say the premium is more luxurious, the leather door inserts, etc. definitely make it seem more upscale, but hopefully I just get used to that.
Sponsored

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
We’ve had our GTPE almost 3 months and 3,000 miles. I’m 6’3” 235lbs. Love the seats! Head rest position perfect. Shoulder support just right. Heat is excellent. I’ve owned Corvettes, BMWs, and the GTPE seats are tops.

lefortpf

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT
Occupation
Media
Country flag
I have the standard GT (3 mths, 1200 miles), not the PE so the seats are not the same. Can't comment on the shoulder bolsters on the PE version. The Standard GT seats are comfortable & well bolstered. Held me in place even at the track last wknd! Only issue-- the drivers seat is stuck in 1 postion. Doesn't move forward/back. Have to get the dealer to take a look. Otherwise-- loving the car, speed & tech!

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I rent a GT PE (have a Premium AWD extended) and was torn with the seats. I have the chance to get one with no ADM (just crappy LoJack $1.3k) but am undecided on the seats and the material. I loved how they held me WAY better than the Premiums but the shoulder bolsters seem to poke me in the back when resting my arm on the center console. Does anyone else get this? Also, when I reach my hand to check if my back is flush against the seat, it seems like my shoulders aren't even flush with the seat, does this mean I am just not fitting correctly?

The material on the doors and seats also doesn't seem like it'll age well. If you use any product on it, it would start to get rough or look weird. Any feedback thus far?

It was an absolute blast to drive and the no bounciness would be amazing, but if I can't sit in it, ahhh! I definitely understand what people mean now when they say the premium is more luxurious, the leather door inserts, etc. definitely make it seem more upscale, but hopefully I just get used to that.
Love ‘em.

If you like seats with lots of bolster that “hug” you, you will be happy.

I sat in a Premium, I like these seats much better, but both are comfortable.

It’s not a show car. Seats are for “sittin in” not “lookin at.”

Only thing I don’t like is the lack of adjustment. That may be why it hits your arm and back that way.

Chicago-E

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE Iconic Silver, 2021 GTPE Space White
Occupation
Generator Technician
Country flag
Zero complaints

Cabel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT PE
Occupation
IT Engineer, aviator, gearhead, tinkerer, putterer, wife pesterer.
Country flag
I'm 6' and 240lbs and no problems (with the seats). ?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

One of the main reasons I got the GT/PE was for the seats. My Focus RS and GT500 came with Recaro seats and I'm very use to the high bolsters and prefer it. I have 3000 miles on the GTPE now and while these are not Recaro seats, they are the next best thing and I have no issues driving 3 straight hours in them. However, seats are a very personal thing and everyone's body is different so this type of sport seat may not be for everyone.

The Miko (fake suede) material should wear well and cleans easily with warm water. I had this material on the seats and steering wheel of my Focus RS for 4 years and 30K miles and looked brand new when I sold it. Also have it in the GT500 and it is not only on the seats but also the steering wheel, door panels, dash, console and arm rest. I am having a custom steering wheel and arm rest made for the GTPE which will be trimmed to match the seats and door panels.

Note: No Mach-E models have leather interiors. They are all vinyl material Ford calls Active-X.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are GTPE owners liking the seats after a bit of time with them? 810_4837 (1)

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are GTPE owners liking the seats after a bit of time with them? IMG_3785

Last edited:

THXDIAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VOLVO XC90 T8, MUSTANG GT CONV
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
We’ve had our GTPE almost 3 months and 3,000 miles. I’m 6’3” 235lbs. Love the seats! Head rest position perfect. Shoulder support just right. Heat is excellent. I’ve owned Corvettes, BMWs, and the GTPE seats are tops.
I do want to add one GTPE seat critique... thigh bolster(s). Power or manual, driver seat only at a min!

Blusteed

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Mustang GT Vert PP1, '21 Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I love them. Material is grippy, helping the modest but effective bolsters hold me in well. Along with magnaride, an important reason I went with the PE.

MadManMoon

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE, 2007 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
For me, "a bit of time" = six days so far, but I'm a huge fan. I fit well in them, they're well-bolstered yet comfortable, and I think I'll enjoy them for longer road trips. Alarmingly, my wife seems to have a problem with the non-adjustable headrest, especially if she has her hair in a tie/braid at the back of her head - pushes her head too far forward. That might eliminate this as our road-trip car.

CapitolE

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I do want to add one GTPE seat critique... thigh bolster(s). Power or manual, driver seat only at a min!
I agree with this. I just installed this: ZWJABYY Car Leg Support Extension Pad,Car Seat Extender,Thigh Support Extension Leg Cushion Used in Cars Buses Trains Offices Homes Leg Rest Cushions,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097DW2ZD9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_HM5XHWHKFDPJXT49K4DT

which is pricier than it should be but helps a lot and imo doesn’t look too janky.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I really like my seats, but would like to be able to adjust the angle of the seat bottom. ?‍♂?

Valkyrie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Occupation
Future Prediction
Country flag
Seats are super comfy for my body 6' tall XL shoulders >=) Feels like the seats just suck you in, no real lateral movement at all on turns. Good back support even without the lumbar adjustment. The seats for a tropical environment are a bit on the warm side, I go back and forth on if Ford should add a ventilated seat option.

TheSleepyDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB GTPE
Country flag
The only issue I've ever had with the GTPE seats is that the shoulder bolsters get in the way when I try to turn around and help my kids in the back seat, or grab something out from behind the front seats. Basically any time I want to reach into the back seat area the bolsters get in the way and add extra effort to the process.

For sittin'? No complaints.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only issue I've ever had with the GTPE seats is that the shoulder bolsters get in the way when I try to turn around and help my kids in the back seat, or grab something out from behind the front seats.
Agree with the slight restriction reaching into the back seats.

After 1000 miles, I love the GTPE seats! I might wish the side bolsters were slightly narrower (I'm 5'6" and 150 lb.), But that wouldn't be widely applicable. If I use the dead pedal to brace myself deeper into the seat, I am solidly in place during spirited driving! 😁
Sponsored