How are GTPE owners liking the seats after a bit of time with them?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That's great to hear, as I have a GTPE on order up here in the Bay Area! Whatever you do, don't go over to the thread regarding the 5-second power issue. Lots of folks over there not happy with the car...
More like not happy about how Ford publicized the car as track ready with repeatable performance. They emphasized the car’s 0-60 capability, which set unattainable expectations. Most of us are upset over the lies by omission. Someone at Ford knew the car was not as capable as the marketers were suggesting, but nothing got done about it until many of us already had GT-PEs delivered. 😱🐩

I love the car, but it won’t do a chunk of what I bought it for. Why did I buy the Performance Edition when it doesn’t do the things I spent the extra money for, other than the smoother ride? Mad at Ford, not the car. 🤬🐩
Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
9,000 miles now and find the seats really nice and comfortable. The car is exactly what I wanted it to be, fast, comfortable and something I can drive year round.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
74 yr old with degenerative discs. When my wife the GTPE they had to have the sports that our daughters 392 challenger has since they fit me and my back like a glove and very supportive. The only negative is the seats do not give a higher setting for thighs when driving on long trips. 2" more travel would be enough for 6ft 2in 200 lbs..

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
More like not happy about how Ford publicized the car as track ready with repeatable performance. They emphasized the car’s 0-60 capability, which set unattainable expectations. Most of us are upset over the lies by omission. Someone at Ford knew the car was not as capable as the marketers were suggesting, but nothing got done about it until many of us already had GT-PEs delivered. 😱🐩

I love the car, but it won’t do a chunk of what I bought it for. Why did I buy the Performance Edition when it doesn’t do the things I spent the extra money for, other than the smoother ride? Mad at Ford, not the car. 🤬🐩
Got it and they have track mode.....

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Got it and they have track mode.....
If by “track mode” you are referring to Unbridled Extend mode, yes they have that. It limits power output and pretty much kills regen. Performance is still not all that repeatable for several laps on a road course. I certainly wouldn’t want to try Road America with the car. 😱🐩

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
If by “track mode” you are referring to Unbridled Extend mode, yes they have that. It limits power output and pretty much kills regen. Performance is still not all that repeatable for several laps on a road course. I certainly wouldn’t want to try Road America with the car. 😱🐩
I now refuse to call it that.

It is now and forever dubbed “bridled” mode.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
One of the main reasons I got the GT/PE was for the seats. My Focus RS and GT500 came with Recaro seats and I'm very use to the high bolsters and prefer it. I have 3000 miles on the GTPE now and while these are not Recaro seats, they are the next best thing and I have no issues driving 3 straight hours in them. However, seats are a very personal thing and everyone's body is different so this type of sport seat may not be for everyone.

The Miko (fake suede) material should wear well and cleans easily with warm water. I had this material on the seats and steering wheel of my Focus RS for 4 years and 30K miles and looked brand new when I sold it. Also have it in the GT500 and it is not only on the seats but also the steering wheel, door panels, dash, console and arm rest. I am having a custom steering wheel and arm rest made for the GTPE which will be trimmed to match the seats and door panels.

Note: No Mach-E models have leather interiors. They are all vinyl material Ford calls Active-X.

810_4837 (1).jpeg

IMG_3785.jpg
Nice RS. I would love to learn more about your custom steering wheel you are getting for the MME. I should have mine by end of the year so looking at ideas to do on it right away! ;)

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice RS. I would love to learn more about your custom steering wheel you are getting for the MME. I should have mine by end of the year so looking at ideas to do on it right away! ;)
Thanks for the complement on the RS. Out of all the cars I've owned in the past 52 years, it was hands down the most fun car to drive. Only took it on the track once and that was a blast too. Compared to any other car I've owned, I felt like I was part of the car. Very hard to explain but every input was raw and instant (did mod the hell out of it though). Makes the GT500 feel like an overweight, sluggish Lincoln.

Back to the steering wheel question, if you noticed the wheel in the RS, I had that custom made in Alcantara with carbon fiber accents and blue stitching to match the interior. I had Exclusive Steering make a custom wheel for my Premium Mach-E with a two tone black/space gray leather with white stitching like the preliminary photos we saw from Ford before production. They did a perfect job with the padding, stitching and it looks and feels great. I know of two other members on here that also did the same after seeing mine.

After getting the GTPE, I wanted a custom wheel for this one but with with black leather, Alcantara gray trim and silver stitching to match the seats and door panels. Not sure if they had a change of employees or what but after I installed the wheel, the heat function didn't work. They said they would make me a new wheel which they did and this one while the heat function does work, there was no padding under the leather/Alcantara. They are now making a third wheel. Not to mention their prices went up about $500 more than I originally paid from the first wheel I had made. The fit and finish look great but not sure if the person actually making the wheel looks at the custom order sheet for the options I selected or the order gets to him wrong. I should be getting the third wheel in about a month and hoping it is right this time.

In the photo with the two tone leather wheel, the space gray does match the seats perfectly, it's just there was several different lighting sources causing different hues on the space gray.

IMG_5312 (1).jpeg

NZ7_65083000.jpeg

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Thanks for the complement on the RS. Out of all the cars I've owned in the past 52 years, it was hands down the most fun car to drive. Only took it on the track once and that was a blast too. Compared to any other car I've owned, I felt like I was part of the car. Very hard to explain but every input was raw and instant (did mod the hell out of it though). Makes the GT500 feel like an overweight, sluggish Lincoln.

Back to the steering wheel question, if you noticed the wheel in the RS, I had that custom made in Alcantara with carbon fiber accents and blue stitching to match the interior. I had Exclusive Steering make a custom wheel for my Premium Mach-E with a two tone black/space gray leather with white stitching like the preliminary photos we saw from Ford before production. They did a perfect job with the padding, stitching and it looks and feels great. I know of two other members on here that also did the same after seeing mine.

After getting the GTPE, I wanted a custom wheel for this one but with with black leather, Alcantara gray trim and silver stitching to match the seats and door panels. Not sure if they had a change of employees or what but after I installed the wheel, the heat function didn't work. They said they would make me a new wheel which they did and this one while the heat function does work, there was no padding under the leather/Alcantara. They are now making a third wheel. Not to mention their prices went up about $500 more than I originally paid from the first wheel I had made. The fit and finish look great but not sure if the person actually making the wheel looks at the custom order sheet for the options I selected or the order gets to him wrong. I should be getting the third wheel in about a month and hoping it is right this time.

In the photo with the two tone leather wheel, the space gray does match the seats perfectly, it's just there was several different lighting sources causing different hues on the space gray.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are GTPE owners liking the seats after a bit of time with them? NZ7_65083000

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are GTPE owners liking the seats after a bit of time with them? NZ7_65083000
Wow, that is impressive. I never thought about getting a custom steering wheel made. In the past I have ordered custom made steering wheel leather wrap that you have to sewn on yourself (using real needle). Those turned out fine but it was a lot of labor on my part and I made sure I bought from a reputable manufacture. But I only did that for older cars where the steering wheel started to look worn. I will check out there website.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow, that is impressive. I never thought about getting a custom steering wheel made. In the past I have ordered custom made steering wheel leather wrap that you have to sewn on yourself (using real needle). Those turned out fine but it was a lot of labor on my part and I made sure I bought from a reputable manufacture. But I only did that for older cars where the steering wheel started to look worn. I will check out there website.
The photos of Mach-E steering wheels on their site are from my car. I think they are way overpriced now and might suggest looking for someone else to do this. Maybe everyone is charging these high prices now, I don’t know.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We’ve had our GTPE almost 3 months and 3,000 miles. I’m 6’3” 235lbs. Love the seats! Head rest position perfect. Shoulder support just right. Heat is excellent. I’ve owned Corvettes, BMWs, and the GTPE seats are tops.
6 ft 2 in 210 lbs chronic lower back pain and the GTPE mirrors our daughters sport seats in her 2012 challenger srt8 392. Both cars have the best supportive seats. The ride is incredible. Turning one end of Oct at 8500 miles. Grand kids love the mach e.
Sponsored