JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hi - Just wanted to find out how folks are accessing their so called owner portal.

I see two flavors. (all screenshots using Edge browser as other browsers show me more errors.)

1- go to Ford.com and log into your account and from there you click Support and Owners. You get to this site:
https://owner.ford.com/?gnav=header-support This looks like 1990s website but this the only way I can figure out a support site access from ford main page. Scared that this is what the support page looks like for my VIN (shown as Ford Edge).

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal Clipboard021

2 - But if I google for "Ford owners vehicle dash board" , I find this.
Vehicle Dashboard | My Ford Vehicle | www.ford.com

and it asks for my account info and when I enter account info I get the following screen.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal Clipboard022

This second access page looks better - but I am unbale to figure out how to get to this page from Fords main page. Clicking these buttons though takes you to the vehicle information on the page and address shown in (1) above.

Has anyone figured out how to get to #2 above from Ford's page? Just worried that even If I want to search for knowledge bank or report issues, there is no good easy way (ok I understand there is a help page now ). Mostly confused /irritated that its not clear on Ford's main home page how to access the right info for your vehicle.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
You need to add the vehicle to your account on Ford's site through the VIN, I think (it's been a while now but pretty sure that was a prerequisite)... then:
  1. My Account
  2. Kris's account
    Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612893577607
  3. See all vehicles
    Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612893666665
  4. Dashboard link to the right of the car in the list on the right.
    Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612893700691

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
Hi - Just wanted to find out how folks are accessing their so called owner portal.

I see two flavors. (all screenshots using Edge browser as other browsers show me more errors.)

1- go to Ford.com and log into your account and from there you click Support and Owners. You get to this site:
https://owner.ford.com/?gnav=header-support This looks like 1990s website but this the only way I can figure out a support site access from ford main page. Scared that this is what the support page looks like for my VIN (shown as Ford Edge).

and it asks for my account info and when I enter account info I get the following screen.

This second access page looks better - but I am unbale to figure out how to get to this page from Fords main page. Clicking these buttons though takes you to the vehicle information on the page and address shown in (1) above.

Has anyone figured out how to get to #2 above from Ford's page? Just worried that even If I want to search for knowledge bank or report issues, there is no good easy way (ok I understand there is a help page now ). Mostly confused /irritated that its not clear on Ford's main home page how to access the right info for your vehicle.

Looks like you logged in, so click on "My Account" and add your vehicle.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
You need to add the vehicle to your account on Ford's site through the VIN, I think (it's been a while now but pretty sure that was a prerequisite)... then:
  1. My Account
  2. Kris's account
  3. See all vehicles
  4. Dashboard link to the right of the car in the list on the right.
Yup did that already a long time ago and that's why see the Edge and the Mach E image and I see what you see.

And if you go to Support Page you get to my image in #1 .

Question is if there is a way from Fords main home to get to the link I posted in # 2 above. Why do I find it in google search but not on/via Ford's page.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Looks like you logged in, so click on "My Account" and add your vehicle.
My vehicle is added since I got my VIN in Oct (shows as Edge on the first image and also why you see the Mach E image on second image)

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
My vehicle is added since I got my VIN in Oct (shows as Edge on the first image and also why you see the Mach E image on second image)

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal yahoo-1994-preview

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal yahoo-1994-preview

You should be able to click on "2021 Edge" in the upper right, and click on the box. Doesn't seem to work, though. Just click on "Add vehicle". You will get to the info page for your vehicle, and can access the second screen by clicking "dashboard" for a vehicle you have already added. And yes, this is broken, lol.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
When I type in "ford.com" I see what looks like their main page. If I hover over the little person in the upper right area than a pull down menu appears where I can choose my account.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612895341119

Then I see a page that looks like this. Above the tiles.....it says "Greg's Account" with a member number but I scrolled that out of view so it didn't appear in my screen shot.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612895455712

If I type in "fordpass.com" then I see this screen....
Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612895664305

Click on Owner Home then it bounces to a basic Ford Dashboard page before landing on my dashboard page.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612895762638

If I type in "fleet.ford.com" then I see a similar looking page as "ford.com" but the header bar is different.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612896468483

If I click to sign in then I see another log in page. (The right side of this page talks about obtaining a Fleet Identification Number..."
Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612896539757

If I click Login then I get another credentials screen. In there I can use my fleet user name or my personal owner name. If I use my personal user name then I end up back at the same page as my second screen shot.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612896617509

The only way I can get to the Ford Pass screen is by typing "fordpass.com" into a browser header. There may be a link from one of the other pages but I haven't stumbled across it yet. ??

1612895565548.png

Reactions: UW2

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
You should be able to click on "2021 Edge" in the upper right, and click on the box. Doesn't seem to work, though. Just click on "Add vehicle". You will get to the info page for your vehicle, and can access the second screen by clicking "dashboard" for a vehicle you have already added. And yes, this is broken, lol.
It works for me.
If I click there then I see this screen.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How are you accessing Owners portal 1612897645641

Maybe it's browser related? I am using Firefox at the moment.
Haven't tried it with Chrome or MS Edge yet....

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
It works for me.
If I click there then I see this screen.

Maybe it's browser related? I am using Firefox at the moment.
Haven't tried it with Chrome or MS Edge yet....
Its broken I think or there is some integration issue some where - because you are able to get to the 2nd dashboard page somehow with the image of the MME. I have tried all browsers (disabled any pop up blockers or ad controls etc) and only one that seems to behave better for me is the MSEdge (which I dont like personally as it provides me least control on ad blocking etc but thats a different story)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yup did that already a long time ago and that's why see the Edge and the Mach E image and I see what you see.

And if you go to Support Page you get to my image in #1 .

Question is if there is a way from Fords main home to get to the link I posted in # 2 above. Why do I find it in google search but not on/via Ford's page.
I don't understand your question I guess. I told you how to get from Ford's home page to the dashboard? You don't need to do a Google search or something, just sign in and follow the steps? Is the concern that four steps is too many steps? just don't get the question.

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I don't understand your question I guess. I told you how to get from Ford's home page to the dashboard? You don't need to do a Google search or something, just sign in and follow the steps? Is the concern that four steps is too many steps? just don't get the question.
Haha - did not mean it to be confusing. I added my VIN a while back (that's how I see the Ford pass updates , activate button etc). I was just wondering how I can get to the 2nd image I posted above and below. Accessing account normally and as you explain gets me to the 1st image but not this. I can only get there by book marking that page address. Perhaps some config issues

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Haha - did not mean it to be confusing. I added my VIN a while back (that's how I see the Ford pass updates , activate button etc). I was just wondering how I can get to the 2nd image I posted above and below. Accessing account normally and as you explain gets me to the 1st image but not this. I can only get there by book marking that page address. Perhaps some config issues

oh so that "Dashboard" link in my last picture doesn't work for you or it's not there at all?

OP
OP
JellyBelly

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
oh so that "Dashboard" link in my last picture doesn't work for you or it's not there at all?
There is no dashboard link. Only shows details and connected services link. Now it makes sense to me as to how you and some others are able to get to that page.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
weird. I'm too lazy too look it up - is your car built yet? maybe that's somehow related? ?‍♀
Sponsored