How Can I Receive Software Updates if My Parking is Underground?

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Journalist
Country flag
Hi. Just bought a pre-owned Mach E Select in December. I'm loving the car so far, but realize I was so eager to jump into the "family" that I didn't think a lot of things through, or I guess didn't know what questions to even have.

One concern that has just been brought to my attention is that I have subterranean parking. I live in a small, 4-unit townhouse building and our wi-fi router is thusly two stories above where I park. How on earth am I going to receive updates overnight? Or am I even thinking about updates wrong?
Sponsored

michaelmmegt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
The car downloads updates from a cell connection while you are driving. I have the same situation of parking underground and my car receives updates.

OP
OP
Enemies_Of_Carlotta
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select
Occupation
Journalist
Country flag
Oh, very good to know. Do I have to initiate them? And it said something about some updates needing completion while we are NOT driving.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Oh, very good to know. Do I have to initiate them? And it said something about some updates needing completion while we are NOT driving.
Updates download over cellular and apply to the vehicle in the background, where changes will not go into affect until the vehicle is powered off for 5-10 minutes.
Sponsored