How do I get my car?

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car is (probably*) sitting in the Elkhart Railyard, 9 miles from my dealer, and has been for a few weeks. It is now one day past the maximum estimated delivery date, and I have not heard a peep about it getting any closer to being delivered. Despite this, my delivery estimate has not changed from 7/4-7/10.

@Ford Motor Company can anything be done about this? If Ford can't do anything, who can I call to help get my freaking vehicle to move 9 miles down the road to my dealer? It's been 8 months since I ordered, and I'm getting pretty frustrated. If it was an option, I'd drive my salesperson there so we could drive it back to the dealer ourselves. I want to buy this car, please give me the opportunity.

*I can't confirm this because the last update was on June 18th when it departed Internati,MO. However, checking on the rail car it was on a week later revealed the rail car was in Canada, so logically it should have been dropped off in Elkhart on its way
Sponsored

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
There really isn’t anything you can do, but hurry up and wait. I would stay in constant contact with the dealer, and as soon as it lands, hussle their butts to get it PDI’d for you. The worst thing is if it is actually delivered to the dealer without any updated information, and just sitting on the lot.

OP
OP
StillWaitingForMachE

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There really isn’t anything you can do, but hurry up and wait. I would stay in constant contact with the dealer, and as soon as it lands, hussle their butts to get it PDI’d for you. The worst thing is if it is actually delivered to the dealer without any updated information, and just sitting on the lot.
It's crazy that there's nothing that can be done. It could be delivered a year late and I'd just have to live with it?

I know it's 1 day late (and counting) and nowhere near a year, but...ugh it's so deflating waiting so long for this car only for it to not show up.

I never want to go through this process again it's been awful.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
It's crazy that there's nothing that can be done. It could be delivered a year late and I'd just have to live with it?

I know it's 1 day late (and counting) and nowhere near a year, but...ugh it's so deflating waiting so long for this car only for it to not show up.

I never want to go through this process again it's been awful.
I only had to wait 5 months, so I consider myself lucky. I checked every tracking tool daily, hourly, coffee break, lunch. I pretty much lost track of the vehicle in Kansas. Everyone in the U.S. was experiencing even worse delays. I kept in constant text contact with my Sales guy, and one day magically, it landed at port here in Canada. Arrived at the dealer on a Friday, picked it up Saturday, and the Stop Sales Order was the Monday. I was extremely lucky. I wish you the best. The MME is a game changer. Gas is $8 a gallon here now.
Sponsored