How do I get the dealer to release my car?

Calvin

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium AWD
Country flag
I purchased a car which was on the dealer showroom floor but was told I couldn't pick it up until June 11. He said that Ford has required their dealers not to sell any demo cars until this date. It's pretty frustrating because it's just sitting there, waiting. Has anyone run into this situation?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I purchased a car which was on the dealer showroom floor but was told I couldn't pick it up until June 11. He said that Ford has required their dealers not to sell any demo cars until this date. It's pretty frustrating because it's just sitting there, waiting. Has anyone run into this situation?
If it is an FCTP, the dealer is right:
Ford Mustang Mach-E How do I get the dealer to release my car? FCTP

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes. I ordered instead.

OP
OP

Calvin

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the info about the FCTP. I think the car's part of that. I'm lucky to have gotten a car without having to wait 6 months, just frustrating to have to wait at all!

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
My dealer couldn't even give me a release date and then said they couldn't figure out how to sell it to me. After a few hours of searching I found a dealer with a red Mach E that wasn't spoken for. I put down $$ and even if it's July, I am getting mine from a dealer with knowledge.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Our dealer also told us that their demo has to wait until June 11 to go up for sale. We are currently debating whether or not to buy it then or wait for our order to come in? The car currently has around 1600 miles on it of which we have put almost 800 miles as of today. We will probably put a couple hundred more miles on it this week!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
It will be interesting to see how much the demo’s will be selling for come June 11? Some dealer’s in Central Florida are already advertising them for several thousand dollars above MSRP! We live in a crazy world!!
Sponsored