Scottso

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWF extended battery
Country flag
Hi All. I'm having more trouble post car wash than with other cars. Seems like there's a lot of runoff and streaking that my car wash can't handle. Any tips?

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? IMG_3751
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? IMG_3751
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? IMG_3752
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? IMG_3753
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? IMG_3755

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Don't go to the car wash...

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I don't go to car washes. I had a ceramic coating applied to the whole car and hand was. The coating makes it super easy to keep clean, bugs and other tough dirt easily come off.

You may not be in a situation where hand washing is easy for you, I would still suggest a ceramic coating

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Wow. I think you need a different car wash. I use a touch free wash fairly regularly, and it comes out fine. I wonder if they’re using a little too much gray water at yours.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wow. I think you need a different car wash. I use a touch free wash fairly regularly, and it comes out fine. I wonder if they’re using a little too much gray water at yours.
Agree. Either that or their blowers are not strong enough. I also have ceramic coating and hand wash however I don't have that issue after going through the touchless wash/dry when I need to.

iNeedANameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD
Country flag
Mine will do this depending on the wash. I keep a bottle of Adam’s Polishes detail spray and a clean microfiber cloth in the car when I go just in case. For the mirror and door streaks I’ll drive a few miles down the road and let the wind blow that dripping out. Spray a little detail spray and clean it off before it dries fully. Same with the taillights. For the windows that looks like mine when I put them down and back up again after the wash. Keep the windows up a few hours after the wash or wipe them with the micro after if you must put them down and back up. Ideally hand wash would be best but if you’re like me sometimes you don’t have time and just need a quick wash.

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Mine will do this depending on the wash. I keep a bottle of Adam’s Polishes detail spray and a clean microfiber cloth in the car when I go just in case. For the mirror and door streaks I’ll drive a few miles down the road and let the wind blow that dripping out. Spray a little detail spray and clean it off before it dries fully. Same with the taillights. For the windows that looks like mine when I put them down and back up again after the wash. Keep the windows up a few hours after the wash or wipe them with the micro after if you must put them down and back up. Ideally hand wash would be best but if you’re like me sometimes you don’t have time and just need a quick wash.
I second this… I love Adams Polishes.
Get a bottle of this and a microfiber towel to keep handy and just wipe it down to get those streaks off the body and glass.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-detail-spray

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I have the same color and I hand wash with softened water and I still get these as well. Remember that water, even pure water, will attract minerals and dust as it goes through the cracks and crevices in the car. When it dries it will leave visible marks because these minerals dry in a whitish color. Obviously this makes darker vehicle show these spots and runs more than a lighter color.

After I get done hand washing I use as rubber tipped air nozzle hooked up to my compressor to blow out the following:
  • Charge door
  • Mirrors
  • Handle and trim under the windows
  • Trunk to roof joint
  • Taillights
  • Lower rear window gap
  • Around the license plate
Those are the areas that I've seen which love to retain water. If you are going to go through a car wash then I would suggest you find one which uses stronger blowers and uses cleaner water as others have said.

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Hi All. I'm having more trouble post car wash than with other cars. Seems like there's a lot of runoff and streaking that my car wash can't handle. Any tips?

IMG_3751.jpg
IMG_3751.jpg
IMG_3752.jpg
IMG_3753.jpg
IMG_3755.jpg
As stated by others, avoid car washes if possible. If not, only use touch less and prepare to detail it yourself afterwards. Or, buy a good foam cannon and associated power washer and quality products and do this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? 64880D75-C7AB-4B53-B6DA-924AA5D931BE
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? CA0B104A-F2B6-440D-9F41-ABAFE7D29E3E

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Keep a good microfiber towel in the frunk. After going through the wash, pull over to the vacuum area and towel it off. Especially the areas @DevSecOps pointed out. Otherwise that water is going to run out as you drive and leave these streaks. A ceramic coating will make the drying easier.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
I car wash because I don't have time and I live in snow. Bit u shammy and also don't get a black car! They never stay clean

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Don't use automated car wash. The dirty pads rubbing on your car are bad for paint. Get a ceramic coat and use two bucket method to wash it yourself. Washed my wife's the other day when temp was 27 degrees. Used really hot water in both buckets to keep my hands from freezing.