How do I know if I have the BlueCruise update?

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Go out to a highway that is shown on the Blue Cruise maps as part of the covered area.
I’m not sure there is a way to “see it” from just looking at in car menus.
Sponsored

Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Go out to a highway that is shown on the Blue Cruise maps as part of the covered area.
I’m not sure there is a way to “see it” from just looking at in car menus.
My understanding is it should say Lane centering "with hands-free" as shown in the screenshots in the earlier posts.

I won't be able to go out on the highway tonight, I'll try in the morning. Or maybe it just need sit longer to reboot a few modules after the update. I got the notification that my car was updated when I made a stop on my way home from work.

I'll post an update tomorrow morning after I take it out on the highway. Or if lane centering with hands-free shows up in the settings tomorrow morning.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The final step in the dealer install is to reset the sync unit twice to get it all to load. It is worth a shot to see if that does anything. Try the steering wheel button reset method 2 times back to back and check the settings again

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
My understanding is it should say Lane centering "with hands-free" as shown in the screenshots in the earlier posts.

I won't be able to go out on the highway tonight, I'll try in the morning. Or maybe it just need sit longer to reboot a few modules after the update. I got the notification that my car was updated when I made a stop on my way home from work.

I'll post an update tomorrow morning after I take it out on the highway. Or if lane centering with hands-free shows up in the settings tomorrow morning.
Same here, got notified last night when I got home

Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Update. On Wednesday night, based on Gimme_my_MME suggestion, I reset the Sync system twice. Still no Lane Centering "with hand free“ option in the Driver Assist settings.

Thursday morning on the way to work I got blue cruise to work on the expressway, but only once. I switch expressways on my route, 1st expressway blue cruise and 2nd expressway just normal adaptive cruise. Both of those expressway do work with blue cruise. I checked the settings when I got to work and still no Lane Centering "with hands free"

Left work Thursday, still no Lane Centering "with hands free" in settings. On my way home no blue cruise, only normal adaptive.

Friday morning, notification that there was another update (version 2.8.3) for minor adjustments, states nothing about blue cruise. I checked the Driver Assist setting and there it is finally Lane Centering with hands free. And on my way to work blue cruise worked on both expressways with no issue.

It was a very odd intermittent/patchy deployment to my MME for some reason. Hope this info can help anyone else that goes through a similar odd deployment of blue cruise to there MME.

PXL_20220617_105548526.jpg

PXL_20220617_105714453.jpg

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
Update. On Wednesday night, based on Gimme_my_MME suggestion, I reset the Sync system twice. Still no Lane Centering "with hand free“ option in the Driver Assist settings.

Thursday morning on the way to work I got blue cruise to work on the expressway, but only once. I switch expressways on my route, 1st expressway blue cruise and 2nd expressway just normal adaptive cruise. Both of those expressway do work with blue cruise. I checked the settings when I got to work and still no Lane Centering "with hands free"

Left work Thursday, still no Lane Centering "with hands free" in settings. On my way home no blue cruise, only normal adaptive.

Friday morning, notification that there was another update (version 2.8.3) for minor adjustments, states nothing about blue cruise. I checked the Driver Assist setting and there it is finally Lane Centering with hands free. And on my way to work blue cruise worked on both expressways with no issue.

It was a very odd intermittent/patchy deployment to my MME for some reason. Hope this info can help anyone else that goes through a similar odd deployment of blue cruise to there MME.

PXL_20220617_105548526.jpg

PXL_20220617_105714453.jpg
If I recall when doing my updates with FDRS I "kinda" got BlueCruise at Sync version 358. Meaning I got notified when I tried the cruise that BlueCruise was on and I had to watch the road etc. But it wasn't until I installed the final update in the BlueCruise saga, version 364, and did the two resets that I got the full-on hands-free everything total consciousness enlightenment, and a note from Mom that my 1-year trial had started.

So OTA 2.82 seems like Synch version 358....almost but not quite BC. And OTA 2.8.3 seems to be Sync 364.

Mike

Mablanc

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Visit the connected services page of your Ford.com profile. If it shows Blue Cruise on there, you have it.
Since you got the email saying you have 1-yr free, that usually means your car has been fully updated to Blue Cruise.

There are no additional settings to configure, it will just come on.
Thanks for clarifying this - very useful. I logged into my Ford.ca page and got the updated info. My 2021 MachE BC was due to expire end of June 2023, but it now has been extended to the end of the year.
Sponsored