How do you edit charge stops in FordPass???

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I did a search and found nothing, so if this has been discussed I apologize.

I have a trip saved in FordPass and it is loaded into car. I would like to edit the charge locations since the suggested stops are too conservative. I have figured out how to add a different stop but I can't figure out how to delete a stop I don't want to make.

Generally I find the ford nav works just fine for me and don't want to use CarPlay or whatever.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Edit it in the car.
I have never used FordPass to plan a route because I didn't know it was working. Might give it a try soon....

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I tried editing it in the car while I was driving, admittedly not the best time to try, had no luck.

I'll give it a try while parked and see if I have better results.

Its pretty easy to set a trip in the app and send to the car, it just doesn't always go the route I would prefer. I guess I need to spend more time with it

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Other posts have indicated people are using ABRP, then entering each stop into the Ford nav manually.

Reactions: TRP

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
We find that editing in Ford's navigation is either impossible or difficult. We let the navigation plot our route, and we use ABRP and we use GoogleMaps. We evaluate each (with GoogleMaps telling us if either of others are wrong). ABRP is too conservative, having you stop too soon we find. Ford shows the area that you can reach, and that's nice (the blob/circle). And, as stated, we often just put the destination in of the charger we wanted to go to.

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
If my wife is along for the trip she compares and re-routes me. By myself I have a hard time doing that on the fly. I end up just routing to the next charger as others have suggested.

Oh well, nothing is perfect I guess

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Other posts have indicated people are using ABRP, then entering each stop into the Ford nav manually.
That is how I do it too. I find the Ford native navigation to be excellent for single destinations but not so great when waypoints are involved.

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
That is how I do it too. I find the Ford native navigation to be excellent for single destinations but not so great when waypoints are involved.
So then this ends up being multiple short trips, rather than 1 trip with multiple stops?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One thing that Ford doesn't do well is to navigate a detour. For example, on the south side of Cincinnati is a bridge crossing over to Covington, KY. No matter when you go, for years now, it's a cluster. So we now take 275 around the whole area. It's easy to put a detour in GoogleMaps, and go around. Not easy in Ford's navigation.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So then this ends up being multiple short trips, rather than 1 trip with multiple stops?
Yep. I prefer that anyway since I can easily see my surplus range and monitor if that figure changes much throughout the trip.

For example, if the next charge is 160 miles down the road and the car has 200 miles of estimated range then the surplus is 40 miles. Then let's say that you are about half way then you can see if your surplus is still 40 miles. If so, then you might choose to go a little faster if practical. If your surplus is less than 20 miles at half distance then you need to figure out why and lower your consumption to reach the destination. Maybe the first 80 miles was going up a mountain and if so then the downhill side will use much less energy so you could be fine. But if level terrain then you would want to slow down or turn off the HVAC or whatever was causing you to use lots of energy.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To add on to that, you can then easily see if YOU want to skip that stop and go to the next. Yes, FordPass will do that automatically, but won't do the "well, I'll arrive with 6%" math and decide that's ok.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's one way to look at it. I always research my route ahead of time to know the viable charger options along it (usually EA). When I get in the car, I just navigate to the next charger I plan to use (not beyond).

I use Android Auto for nav. I just tell it "Hey Google, navigate to Gallup New Mexico Electrify America" (or whatever the location). Simple that way, but mostly because I already know where I want to stop. I don't want to take a long trip in a BEV without first scoping out the charging options. Although as long as it's an interstate covered by EA, it's pretty easy.

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Thanks for all the input. I can live with some of the options suggested.

Very happy with the car and mostly happy with Fords Nav. It works but is not easy to edit.
Sponsored