How do you enlarge the 360° camera surround view?

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
We get a 15" display, but the overhead surround view is only about 4", which is too small to be useful. I see we can zoom in on corners (which does not help), but how do you get a big, full-screen, display of the surround view?

I'm afraid I already know the answer...
Sponsored

Reactions: Nav

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
can zoom in on corners (which does not help)
Agreed! 100%
Took me a couple times to realize why I love the 360 camera in my Hyundai so much vs MME. In Hyundai, rather than zoom in you can select any of the four sides individually to enlarge. This is great for parking alongside a curb as it uses the camera under the side view mirror to show your actual car and a little bit of your actual wheel (not graphics). The side mirrors also tilt down when in reverse! A bit redundant in that car, but I'd take AT LEAST ONE of those features with the MME. Mirror tilt down in reverse seems it can be accomplished OTA.

I'm afraid I already know the answer...
yeaaap ?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Hopefully in a future software update.

I'd love to see Ford allowing the cameras to be used as a "dash cam" or security cam features.

Wigton761

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Select
Country flag
You can zoom in on the corners and also move the view further back or forward. It's not a huge change but it does exist

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag
Does the camera record at all? Is that a dumb question? I'll see myself out.

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Thanks all.

Ford charges $3,400 for the 360-degree camera option, as it is bundled together with the glass roof and CoPilot Active options on the GT trims. After spending all that money, we get a tiny, useless 4-inch view on our giant 15-inch screen.

Genius!

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Thanks all.

Ford charges $3,400 for the 360-degree camera option, as it is bundled together with the glass roof and CoPilot Active options on the GT trims. After spending all that money, we get a tiny, useless 4-inch view on our giant 15-inch screen.

Genius!
Could Ford change that through a software update? I am asking because I dont knoe about computer things that much. Thanks

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Thanks all.

Genius!
My eyes must be better than average as I have no problem seeing what I need to see in the current view. Larger might be nicer but, meh.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
We find it very useful, especially pulling in our tight garage with inches on each side, and ensuring we don't drive over the charging cord. Also nice for pulling in tight spaces.

OP
OP
phil

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
We find it very useful, especially pulling in our tight garage with inches on each side, and ensuring we don't drive over the charging cord. Also nice for pulling in tight spaces.
I find it is easy enough to see clearly in a parking lot in broad daylight, when I don't need a 360 view.

Where it would really be useful is when I'm pulling into or out of my narrow, cluttered garage at night time. I can't see a damn thing clearly, just a tiny mess. It's frustrating that the entire bottom half of the display is showing a giant, useless front or rear view that does not help me navigate the car, while the 360 view I really need is confined to a narrow sliver of the top half of the screen. The wife's old Mercedes has a good surround camera view that shows a much larger image (even though the Mercedes' screen is half the size of the Ford's) and works much better. It seems aggressively pointless for Ford to give me such a large screen and then be so stingy with the 4" surround view that I paid so much money for.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think the reason for the smaller display on the 360, is because it also has to fit on the screen in the vehicles that have the screen in landscape orientation. One of the drawbacks of the same software being used across multiple vehicles.

Hopefully as time goes on now that they are using this screen more and more that they'll update the camera app to show a larger video feed for Vertical orientation screens.

There already is an AsBuilt data field for 360 camera layout for this.
Sponsored