How does an EA membership interact with Blue Oval?

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I'm considering buying an EA membership for the cheaper charging rates, but I'm not sure I'll be able to actually use it. When I plug my car into an EA station, it immediately begins a Blue Oval (formerly Ford Pass Charging Network) transaction and handles payment through Ford.

If I get an EA membership, how do I use it at an EA station and get the discounted rate?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you get the membership, you'll want to start charging sessions from the EA app, and THEN plug in. Or you can disable plug & Charge.

OP
OP
billy_at

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
If you get the membership, you'll want to start charging sessions from the EA app, and THEN plug in. Or you can disable plug & Charge.
Hmm, how do I do that? In the EA app, it says "Plug in first, then select your charger." So Blue Oval would probably already have jumped into the mix before I could start my session.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I'm considering buying an EA membership for the cheaper charging rates, but I'm not sure I'll be able to actually use it. When I plug my car into an EA station, it immediately begins a Blue Oval (formerly Ford Pass Charging Network) transaction and handles payment through Ford.

If I get an EA membership, how do I use it at an EA station and get the discounted rate?
Need to turn off plug and charge in the Ford Pass app. I was using Plug and Charge to use up the free 250 kWh from Ford and when that was done turned it off and switched to EA membership and swiping phone at the station to pay.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

You’d want one or the other. The EA discount is included in BlueOval if you pay for it. Turn off Plug and Charge if you want to use straight-up EA. BlueOval will supposedly give you discounted rates at their other partners, too, unlike paying for just the EA membership.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hmm, how do I do that? In the EA app, it says "Plug in first, then select your charger." So Blue Oval would probably already have jumped into the mix before I could start my session.
Just ignore the message to plug in first. When you pull up, Open the EA App, find your charger, then activate it. Then you'll see the screen show its ready and you can plug in.

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
Assuming you can even get Blue Oval to show up on your connected services of course...when I log in to I still see the FordPass charging network. The app shows Blue Oval...make up your mind which one it is dang it!
Sponsored