Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Recently I had the high voltage junction box and the battery energy control module (HVJB and BECM) replaced due to a positive contact sticking open (P0AA2) in cold temperatures. Not welding shut.

Q: How does the state of health (SOH) of the high voltage batteries (HVB) go from 97.5% prior to going in for service to 100% SOH when I get it back?

I kind of thought that would be like an odometer and not messed with. Does disconnecting the HVB or a BECM swap reset it; is it just a software toggle that can be manipulated? I had no cells replaced just the same battery got healthier. Which maybe means OBD2 HVBSOH means nothing for this vehicle? It is accumulative if you keep track and know what it dropped during services? It was at 2.5% degradation after a year prior to the last service which kind of made sense to me but now it is back to 0% degradation again. I was interested in keeping track of the HVBSOH just for the knowledge but now see no easy way of doing that.

Has anyone else that had these components replaced noted the hvbsoh went back to 100%? Anyone know how the HVB can get healthier after service?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
BECM replacement probably reset it. As you charge and discharge it will start to calculate it again and probably go back to close what it was before.

OP
OP
Shayne

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
BECM replacement probably reset it. As you charge and discharge it will start to calculate it again and probably go back to close what it was before.
Could be one of my guesses. You think it is the becm and not just a disconnect which does it? Odometer does not get dumped wonder why soh? We will give it some time and see. Not a requirement just an interest and observation.

I saw the 4x with only 170 km (106 mi) range @ 85% charge this winter and now it is up to 300 km (190 mi). Only saw 310 km max life time. Leaving for travel today and 100% 370 km (231 mi). The range/speed and how drastic range is decreased in the cold both seem to be in line with literature out there. Seeing it drop, however, registers more. Working here till it is not. Quick quite scooter.
Sponsored