How early to order?

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Hi,

New member on the forum, though I have been reading the forum for sometime.

My lease is ending this July. I am planning to get an MME Premium AWD in its place. I'll be looking at balloon financing if things pan out.

My dilemma was as to how early to order the Mach e. The option to reserve online is now over. If I order, I have to give a deposit of $1000 to the dealer. I don't want to not have a car in July, but on the flipside, what will happen if the car arrives in the next two months and I can't take it till July?

How long did most people have to wait to get their MME? Is there a deadline as to when to pick it up?

Sponsored

stroszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 92x
Country flag
I ordered at the end of October and don’t have a build date. Someone on here said that a high ranking guy at Ford estimated that October orders would get our cars around when you want yours or later.

I don’t know exactly when you’d get it but definitely not in the next couple of months.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Hi,

New member on the forum, though I have been reading the forum for sometime.

My lease is ending this July. I am planning to get an MME Premium AWD in its place. I'll be looking at balloon financing if things pan out.

My dilemma was as to how early to order the Mach e. The option to reserve online is now over. If I order, I have to give a deposit of $1000 to the dealer. I don't want to not have a car in July, but on the flipside, what will happen if the car arrives in the next two months and I can't take it till July?

How long did most people have to wait to get their MME? Is there a deadline as to when to pick it up?

All I'm gonna say is if you want one, better put an order in.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I would think those are all details you'll need to work out with your dealer. If your current lease is a Ford, you're likely to get more flexibility. My deposit is fully refundable if I decide not to take the car. Not all dealers will do that.
My sister had an Audi lease and she was in a similar situation. They let her keep driving her old car until the new one came in even though the lease had run out.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If you want any chance of receiving an ordered Mach-E in July, I would order it now. Your dealer is in full control of how much deposit they require and whether or not it's refundable. If they will commit to making the deposit refundable, you've got nothing to lose.

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Thank you for the responses guys. I am going for a test drive tomorrow. If I love it, I'll order it tomorrow itself. fingers crossed.

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Hello guys,

I drove the mach (select awd). It's amazing to drive. I am hoping the interiors of the premium will be slightly better.

The dealer agreed to x-plan (no ADM) and to have a refundable deposit. However, they gave me a quote for balloon financing at $1050 per month for 47 months with $21k at the end. The best rate was 6.8%!

I was like whaaat! I showed them the website, and they were clueless. They'll get back to me next week if they can honor the rates and incentives from Ford. Obviously I didn't deposit any money yet.

Has anyone had a good experience with purchasing Mach e in upstate NY? I don't mind driving a couple of 100 miles to have a good experience with a dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
All I'm gonna say is if you want one, better put an order in.
This!

Even if you order now, you may not get the car until September. I'm not saying July isn't possible, just that you should be prepared. We don't know if they will produce Mach Es and GTs side-by-side on the line or switch over production to GT for a while. Cars going into production now will probably be delivered by April. Cars ordered in October are still awaiting build dates. Then there's the chip shortage that is causing car companies all over to idle their lines.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Wait. What? Who told you that? If it's the dealer, run away.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How early to order? 1613249485434

You can still order online. Just find an honest dealer first.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
All that matters at this point is deciding on a price. Financing rates and incentives can and probably will change by the time you actually buy it. I didn’t even bother talking Options with my dealer when I ordered, but you can bet I confirmed the xplan pricing.

As we get closer to delivery date, I’ll start training the dealer on whatever financing I’m interested in so they should hopefully be ready.

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I reached out to another dealership in town. They figured out stuff, but the way they are trying to rip off is like insane. Almost 7 k interest! That's not 2.25 percent, more like 14.5 percent interest. Ignore that NY has a 2k EV rebate at point of sale.

My fear is that incentives and financial rates will change and that's okay, but if the dealer is out to cheat, it'll be a shit show later as well.

IMG_8073.jpg

OP
OP

mikesierra32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Wait. What? Who told you that? If it's the dealer, run away.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How early to order? IMG_8073

You can still order online. Just find an honest dealer first.
Thank you for that. I myself was getting the message for $1000 deposit when I click on order now. Let me check again.

Lola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 MB GLB, '20 Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
NP
Country flag
Thank you for that. I myself was getting the message for $1000 deposit when I click on order now. Let me check again.
The deposit required can vary from dealer to dealer. There's one dealer near me doing $1500 deposits and another 10 miles away doing $500... that's the one I went with.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Deposit amount varies by dealer. All except one dealer in my local area were asking for $500, with the other one asking $1000 - that last dealer has since been bought out by another franchise, stayed on the dealer listing under the old name for months, and now simply disappeared. Also the ordering pages says refund policy is set by each individual dealer.
Sponsored