How fast is charger come with MME?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I was hoping there would be an option to buy another mobile charger so that one can stay in the car and one in the garage. I don't want/need the charging station.
You should be able to order at Ford Parts or with your dealer's part's department. It's too early now so that stuff isn't in there.

You don’t need the Ford one for that....there are plenty of generic ones on Amazon and elsewhere that’ll work. Just search for EV charger, and note the amperage though...I’ve seen some that are 16A, some 32.
Amazon has many cheap chargers that are not UL listed. They may say they are but often are not. I would suggest making sure you get one that has been.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Please to explain.....
LOL! Explain? What? Why I have extra EVSE's laying around??

Sure:
  • 1 Always comes with the car
  • 2 When the Focus Electric arrived I did as many on here will do: Contracted with the local power company because they gave a rebate ($2500 at the time) on wiring and installation of an EVSE (The Bosch/SPX one)--Seriously call your power company they may be offering up a really good deal.
  • 3 The Clipper Creek: Until the Mach-E all the non-Tesla OEM included ones were Level-1 120V. Since we take the car camping which has 240V 50amp plugs available I wanted a portable Level-2 available for campgrounds (and the odd dryer plug at someones house)
  • 4 The JuiceBox: I won it! Really: The Focus Electric forums and JuiceBox sponsored a contest: Start an EV blog and win a JuiceBox. Either nobody else started a blog, or I just have such a big mouth that they made me the winner out of sheer quantity (at the beginning there I was posting about the Focus Electric daily: how to drive, what the dash gauges mean, how to use the nav, oh its winter and cold, etc.--these days I try to post once every other week...hmm I think I'm due for a post)

So 4 EVSE's....