How is the Mach-E received in Detroit?

Badgeringweasel

Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camry Hybrid
Country flag
Just wondering if there is anyone in the Detroit area that can comment on local coverage of the Mach-E? Just wondering how this EV is being received in Motorcity, especially since it's made in Mexico? I'm hoping they're better received than Teslas.
Living in Wisconsin (after moving from NY), I've been frustrated by how little demand there is here for EV/PHEV vehicles. I was actually surprised when I spoke to my dealer and they said that the Ford dealers in the area have 5-10 reservations for the Mach-E, hopefully they translate to sales!

JamieGeek

Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Bolt EV, Thor Axis, former C-Max Energi, former Focus Electric
Country flag
Not sure as I've seen very little in the local press (The Free Press, or The Detroit News) mentioning it. There were some stories about it at launch but nothing much since.

From my point of view around here: Its just another car....

Billyk24

First Name
William
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Just wondering if there is anyone in the Detroit area that can comment on local coverage of the Mach-E? Just wondering how this EV is being received in Motorcity, especially since it's made in Mexico? I'm hoping they're better received than Teslas.
Living in Wisconsin (after moving from NY), I've been frustrated by how little demand there is here for EV/PHEV vehicles. I was actually surprised when I spoke to my dealer and they said that the Ford dealers in the area have 5-10 reservations for the Mach-E, hopefully they translate to sales!
Having a home in Vilas county which borders the UP of Michigan, a lack of fast charging -level 3- spots in places such as Green Bay and Wausau will challenge the range of our vehicles when traveling in most directions. There is a slow fast charger outside Steven's Point in Cluster and a Harley Davidison dealerdhip in Appleton but that is it until one arrives in Mafison or the Milwaukee area.